Pickup toppers

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine’s velcro’d in I think. Should be able to remove it easily, but never tried.

I lay down tarps for dead deer etc as well.
They are velcro'd, but have zipper around on the bottom where meets the sides. Watched YouTube of an installation prior to purchase. Might not be an easy task though.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have a topper and i hunt and train my dog more than most. Only way he is going in the back is if i get an Ainley slide in.

1703024920227.png
My shorthairs in the cab? after hunting no way -- i hope your not indicating that. A shorthair is smart enough to know that they dont belong in a cab after being int he field.. In the topper nice memory foam bed, kennel that fits them perfect not to big so they fly around, my topper was dust free as could be i worked hard to make sure of that, generally it was cool out but warm days my brother ran air from inside to the slider so they had air conditioning (rarely needed in nodak),

None of my shorthairs ever got skunked (they let the black dogs go deep in the shit:) but my buddies with the flushers they would have em in the back of a surburban or jeep --- they would get skunk sprayed -- OMG the windows were all rolled down and it still didnt do any good. 3 days of windows down and trip back to fargon spelling skunk. One can of tomato juice didnt do shit.

As to the Ainley --- i dont what brand they are but we seen some okies that left a dog (another long story), we found this dog running with a shock collor and the okies pulling away. Anyway those assholes we met up with them the next mornging after calling the one dudes wife decided to come back for their setter (only because of the wife) . They had one of those things (i dont know what brand ) anyway the poor setter had to crawl back in that dusty basterd which just has a 1/2 inch of hay and 1/2 of dirt from the road, windows wide open 15 degrees out. All i could do is shake my head.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
One more comment --- in the morning a guy would put down the tail gait reach up under the covers open the door ---- my shorthair (both did this) strech out a one paw and then the other. They would streach out like an athelet . I miss em. fun times.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My shorthairs in the cab? after hunting no way -- i hope your not indicating that. A shorthair is smart enough to know that they dont belong in a cab after being int he field.. In the topper nice memory foam bed, kennel that fits them perfect not to big so they fly around, my topper was dust free as could be i worked hard to make sure of that, generally it was cool out but warm days my brother ran air from inside to the slider so they had air conditioning (rarely needed in nodak),

None of my shorthairs ever got skunked (they let the black dogs go deep in the shit:) but my buddies with the flushers they would have em in the back of a surburban or jeep --- they would get skunk sprayed -- OMG the windows were all rolled down and it still didnt do any good. 3 days of windows down and trip back to fargon spelling skunk. One can of tomato juice didnt do shit.

As to the Ainley --- i dont what brand they are but we seen some okies that left a dog (another long story), we found this dog running with a shock collor and the okies pulling away. Anyway those assholes we met up with them the next mornging after calling the one dudes wife decided to come back for their setter (only because of the wife) . They had one of those things (i dont know what brand ) anyway the poor setter had to crawl back in that dusty basterd which just has a 1/2 inch of hay and 1/2 of dirt from the road, windows wide open 15 degrees out. All i could do is shake my head.
Ainley is the best and safest ways to transport dogs. The boxes they made 10 years ago sell for more then they did then new. If the holes were full of dust it wasn’t an ainley. A 12 hole trailer with atv pad and storage will run you about 70 grand

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a plywood 2nd level on the back 66 to 50% of my topper with carpet and dog beds on top. Dogs (3 sometimes) ride around up top. All of our shit goes underneath. If I need to house a 4th or even 5th, they ride and sleep underneath either on this waterproof memory foam mat thing I made or in their kennels. Only issue we've ever had was when a lab has decided to explode its guts all over everything... twice... in 20 years. What a mess. Labs are different when it comes to bowel control.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88