Property Tax Credit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
While looking for Homestead tax info for my father in law I stumbled on to this and was wondering if anyone else knew about it. I wasn't going to go through all 10 plus pages so I started a new thread

1702504099568.png

Last edited:

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know much more. Got a flyer mentioning it in the envelope with my enormous property tax bill. I checked out the website and it indicates that you can apply starting Jan. 1 so I will check back.
Also, I signed the petition to get property taxes on the ballot where I will cast my ballot to eliminate this unaccountable black hole.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what the fine legislature came up with to try and squelch property tax eliminations. Very few people will even qualify for this credit.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't read the flyer or check out the webpage. But, anyone do the hard work for me? If so, what's the deets?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I know you just have to own a home that you live in or if you are paying rent , you have to fill out the form and send it in .

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes this will be missed by many. Why not pass it on all real estate - primary home or not.

Again welcome to Northsota.

Contact your local reps and give em your piece of mind.

One thing about handouts -- boomers usually clue in on em. The rest of the age groups not so much

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
If you are sick and tired of paying property taxes on your property that keeps going up year after year after year when the State has 2.5 Billion dollar surplus this year and it would only cost 1 billion dollars to make up the lost revenue to all the counties and townships, then you better sign the petition to get it on the ballot for 2024 and then vote for it. It can and should be done.
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2023/06/22/p...get-measure-nd-ballot-eliminate-property-tax/

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm tired of these f**** credits trying to appease everyone, that they can undo next session or change on a whim. Get rid of the damn tax already, the proper way.

All these credits and buydowns are just gimmicks and pissing down your back saying its raining.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I looked at the wording of the law while it was being passed it will only benefit those over 65 and/or those under a very low income threshold. I wasn’t going to be anywhere near qualifying for anything. I’ll amazed if any on here do. We need to abolish them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm tired of these f**** credits trying to appease everyone, that they can undo next session or change on a whim. Get rid of the damn tax already, the proper way.

All these credits and buydowns are just gimmicks and pissing down your back saying it’s raining.
Exactly. They keep doing token things and removing them. I cannot believe people still fall for this shit.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are sick and tired of paying property taxes on your property that keeps going up year after year after year when the State has 2.5 Billion dollar surplus this year and it would only cost 1 billion dollars to make up the lost revenue to all the counties and townships, then you better sign the petition to get it on the ballot for 2024 and then vote for it. It can and should be done.
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2023/06/22/p...get-measure-nd-ballot-eliminate-property-tax/
2.5 billion in just the general find. Hell we have over 10 billion hoarded away in numerous funds that do nothing but go up daily. This is a total sham

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I looked at the wording of the law while it was being passed it will only benefit those over 65 and/or those under a very low income threshold. I wasn’t going to be anywhere near qualifying for anything. I’ll amazed if any on here do. We need to abolish them.
eye two credits xist --- you qualify for the primary residence.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84