Range finder help..

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe I got a 'bad' one, but I'm not impressed with my Sig 2000. I've only ever used it over snow, but the best I can get on any target is just over 600 yards. Now that the snow is gone, I'm going to do some further testing. I may end up sending it in since others seem to be getting much better performance out of it.

I returned my Sig 2000 as I read comments about its poor performance in the cold. I left it in my vehicle for a few days and tried ranging with it once it was cold and it seemed like the distance it could range went to shit (couldn't range 300 yds on a large reflective building). Sounds like this may have been fixed with the 2200 which I plan to pick up.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
My sig has been good to me. ranged out to 1859 one day on reflective building, 1200 and lower all day long on non-reflective and is very quick.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I returned my Sig 2000 as I read comments about its poor performance in the cold. I left it in my vehicle for a few days and tried ranging with it once it was cold and it seemed like the distance it could range went to shit (couldn't range 300 yds on a large reflective building). Sounds like this may have been fixed with the 2200 which I plan to pick up.

Yeah, mine sucked big time when it was -20. Seemed like the battery indicator went down one bar each time I used it. I couldn't even range a giant windmill base that couldn't have been more than 8-900 yards.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Leica Geovid HD-B and am not impressed, my Leica 1600 will range as good and the ballistic solution you get from the HD-B is not always on the mark. My Vectronix is leaps and bounds ahead of them all, I got it from a hook-up in theater and didn't pay 1/8 of the price they are at retail. Half of the time I still use my little Leica 1600 fwiw.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Leica Geovid HD-B and am not impressed, my Leica 1600 will range as good and the ballistic solution you get from the HD-B is not always on the mark. My Vectronix is leaps and bounds ahead of them all, I got it from a hook-up in theater and didn't pay 1/8 of the price they are at retail. Half of the time I still use my little Leica 1600 fwiw.

Holy crap, Vectronix is expensive. Let me know if you stumble upon another one of those 1/8 price deals.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check with www.CameralandNY.com. They sell stuff that was on display at the SHOT show, NRA convention, or Safari Club convention at a good discount. I bought a Leica 900 after Leica replaced it with the 1200 model. The savings were almost 50%. The image I see is very good, and it's accurate to 800 yards on reflective targets, over 1/2 that on fur.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did some testing with my Sig Kilo 2000 yesterday.
These were the furthest distances I could range.

Stop sign (highly reflective): 1760 yds -- probably further too. I started at the mile section.
White barn: 938
Gray steel barn (right next to the white one): 850
Trees (tried several groups): 480

Their literature says I should be able to range trees up to 1500 yards. Ok, "up to" means under ideal conditions, but I couldn't even get a third of that yesterday (middle of the day, slightly overcast, +20 F).

I want to be able to range out to 1000 yards, but unless I go around planting road signs all over my hunting spots, I don't see that happening.
Seems like most people are getting much better performance out of theirs. Can anyone post some test results?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did some testing with my Sig Kilo 2000 yesterday.
These were the furthest distances I could range.

Stop sign (highly reflective): 1760 yds -- probably further too. I started at the mile section.
White barn: 938
Gray steel barn (right next to the white one): 850
Trees (tried several groups): 480

Their literature says I should be able to range trees up to 1500 yards. Ok, "up to" means under ideal conditions, but I couldn't even get a third of that yesterday (middle of the day, slightly overcast, +20 F).

I want to be able to range out to 1000 yards, but unless I go around planting road signs all over my hunting spots, I don't see that happening.
Seems like most people are getting much better performance out of theirs. Can anyone post some test results?

I called Sig and am going to send my Kilo 2000 in for them to look at it. On a recent coyote hunt, my brother was consistently out-ranging me with a Bushnell Legend 1000. Embarrassing...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exact model I have. Love it.

a few years ago they were the best bang for the buck. It has not let me down only down side is a little big but i like i can hook it on the tripod and range even farther being damn steady

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the Leica 1600.on camp fire I want to use it for bowhuntig and gun hunting. Thanks for the help guys.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 83
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31