Rigging a Winnipeg Rod/necessities

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blue and silver, green and silver, pink and white are all good. There are 2 sizes, we mainly use the larger one but some days the smaller size is better.

Also talk to dirty Mike about a couple snooty patooties

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently in the inventory building mode. I’ll have roughly 900 of my lipless (#7 Rippin Rap KO) Baits. Still undecided on colors that I’ll stock. Shortlist so far is Snooty, winni glow and purpledescent. Fee free to make your recommendations for the other three colors. I will also do about half the colors in glow. New for this year, SPOONS! One will be a stamped (.025 nickel-plated steel) hex spoon and a .25 oz spoon with a cut hex pattern on one side. There will be three colors available this year.

Im looking at having everything ready to go by the end of deer season.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently in the inventory building mode. I’ll have roughly 900 of my lipless (#7 Rippin Rap KO) Baits. Still undecided on colors that I’ll stock. Shortlist so far is Snooty, winni glow and purpledescent. Fee free to make your recommendations for the other three colors. I will also do about half the colors in glow. New for this year, SPOONS! One will be a stamped (.025 nickel-plated steel) hex spoon and a .25 oz spoon with a cut hex pattern on one side. There will be three colors available this year.

Im looking at having everything ready to go by the end of deer season.

Do some in pink/white belly GLOW please. :)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
7809784C-244D-48D0-AEE4-E30814D427A8.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh snap!!
Save some for me!!!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
seeing this tread gives me a chubby for the hard water season!!!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get some good line and a decent reel (doesn't have to be over $50) and tie direct to dh custom lures. Everything else is just to be fancy and be like the cool kids.

eyehunter

I don't mean to hijack this thread even more... but I am newer to ice fishing/this forum. I'm heading up to Winnipeg this winter with a group and I was curious what a snooty patooty is. I did a search for it but didn't come up with anything. From the sounds of it, it is a lure made by Dirty Mike?

I would love to get some lures for the group that would be good to use up in Winnipeg but didn't know where to start. Thanks for any advice!! Can't wait for the hard water season!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mean to hijack this thread even more... but I am newer to ice fishing/this forum. I'm heading up to Winnipeg this winter with a group and I was curious what a snooty patooty is. I did a search for it but didn't come up with anything. From the sounds of it, it is a lure made by Dirty Mike?

I would love to get some lures for the group that would be good to use up in Winnipeg but didn't know where to start. Thanks for any advice!! Can't wait for the hard water season!

Its one of my colors that seems to work really well for Winnipeg eyes. 9622CEFA-FBD2-45E8-8767-0A862210890E.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

From what I have gathered Snooty Patooty is not just a lure (more of a color scheme) it is a way of fish catching life.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been up there about a dozen times now and have had good luck with a lot of different baits however, the Snooty Patooty has been the most consistent and has caught my biggest fish. This reminds me, I need to place an order soon.

IMG_0055.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0797.jpg

And if you catch a trophy and choose to get it mounted get a hold of MSA on this site. He does great work and is very reasonable.

eyehunter

Its one of my colors that seems to work really well for Winnipeg eyes. FB_IMG_1561502506211.jpg

Thank you all for the quick replies. I will definitely be ordering some, if possible. I was born a Minnesota guy (please don't hold that against me) so I have mostly fished Red Lake and LOTW. I am hoping to get out on Devil's lake more this winter too.

Have people had good success on the other lakes too?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank you all for the quick replies. I will definitely be ordering some, if possible. I was born a Minnesota guy (please don't hold that against me) so I have mostly fished Red Lake and LOTW. I am hoping to get out on Devil's lake more this winter too.

Have people had good success on the other lakes too?
Just go buy some rattle baits and take the hooks off and send them off to dirty mike. You will outfish your group if you have some of those. The northland ripping shads work great on Winnie along with jackals and ripping raps.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
0D9A35DB-572D-436D-997A-42C0F5D8038E.jpg Snooty was the best color for me and our group as a whole last year I believe. Year before last it was firetiger for me.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93