Rod covers

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
me - I use rod covers on my "extra" rods

I have a rack at the very top of my rod box for five "go-to" rods - the rest lay piled on the floor in rod covers to prevent tangling. LOve the combination.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never have liked the ones designed for rods made out of that mesh material - hooks get stuck in it. Golf club tubes with duct tape over one end have been my favorite. Not to mention they're $1.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything gets a cover. Whatever I'm going to use that day will moved to the top. Trolling rods usually hang out at the bottom of the locker.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3145.jpg

These work for me and are cheap

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe my ProV has a 16 rod locker built into the floor, not exactly sure if it is 16 or 14, cause I only have 10 or so fishing rods, and don't foresee filling it any fuller.

My summers have been stolen from me with insane kids sports, and activities. I wont be the fisherman I used to be for close to 6 years now, then its game on, and I will load the rod locker up like a boss...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
jay lo called - she wants her designer rod sleeves back :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

louis vuitton?

Yes, this picture is exactly why I have some cute colored ones too. I asked Huff about it, and he said he was ordering more. I asked him to get me three.

Pink purple and white, are the three that he got me. Handed them to me with a perfectly straight face. What could I do?

So, yes, all of mine are covered. Three mesh ones, and the rest in black nylon cabela's ones. I'll say this, if you're ordering the cabela's ones, spend the extra dollar, and get the one with the pvc tube at the end closest to your reel. Covers over a crankbait then.

the mesh ones get the lures take off each time.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe my ProV has a 16 rod locker built into the floor, not exactly sure if it is 16 or 14, cause I only have 10 or so fishing rods, and don't foresee filling it any fuller.

My summers have been stolen from me because i had a mid-life crisis and bought a Harley and wear my chaps ass-less

huh.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pass the Drift Control rod sock please.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually have mrs johnr in some chaps now too, its really quite a turn on...haha.

does she count as a rod holder?..:;:smokin

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, this picture is exactly why I have some cute colored ones too. I asked Huff about it, and he said he was ordering more. I asked him to get me three.

Pink purple and white, are the three that he got me. Handed them to me with a perfectly straight face. What could I do?

So, yes, all of mine are covered. Three mesh ones, and the rest in black nylon cabela's ones. I'll say this, if you're ordering the cabela's ones, spend the extra dollar, and get the one with the pvc tube at the end closest to your reel. Covers over a crankbait then.

the mesh ones get the lures take off each time.

after consideration I determined hi-vis is NOT a bad idea! (I was just funning anyway) :)

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My boat is "pre" rod lockers with the individual compartments so the rod covers are mandatory or else i'm in for a "catastrophic clusterfuck"!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
3/4 " copper pipe insulation works for me. Paint it what ever color you dam well please.

livininavandownbytheriver

Founding Member
Founding Member
ANother vote for the Rod Glove, they have great customer service as well. They have what the call I think their pro series, which is made of neoprene. Those are super nice, plus they make reel gloves. Those are phenomenal for keeping dust and scratches off of those expensive reels. They have lure wraps. Also one of the more interesting products they have is a rod glove saver. This stops the rod sleeve from flying off when traveling and keeps it in place. I am not sponsored by them hahah. They just know what they are doing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31