Roundup causes cancer?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I, not so fondly, recall the day when there were heated discussions of glyphosate's safety. There were a number of people who referred to it as harmless, said "it's just a salt", or way improperly referred to it as a "desiccant". It is none of the above and Mon-Satan even went so far as to have a Roundup drink designed for being served at their company headquarters. We live, we learn.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think sugar, particullarily refined sugar plays a role.... not so much as a cancer cause but more like a fertilizer for cancer...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went low carb 10 months ago, lost 100bls. Definately a relationships between sugar and cravings, I call it the sugar dragon, needs to be fed.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my hands/feet ache and feel tender when I eat cookies, cake, etc

refined sugar is the devil for my joints

starches seem fine

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I, not so fondly, recall the day when there were heated discussions of glyphosate's safety. There were a number of people who referred to it as harmless, said "it's just a salt", or way improperly referred to it as a "desiccant". It is none of the above and Mon-Satan even went so far as to have a Roundup drink designed for being served at their company headquarters. We live, we learn.

When Roundup first came out one of the sales reps told me it was safe enough to drink. We were young but not that stupid.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

drink the koolaid ?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
well my dowacker had increase in size since using 24d since the 1950 and now at 72 it seems content being left alone. db

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is a dowacker what I think it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Cause if 24D makes it bigger I’m getten me some!

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go thru over a thousand gallons a year of straight glyphosate for the last 20 years. This janitor got Non Hodgkins Lymphoma from a squirt bottle of heavily diluted glyphosate? San Francisco, CA. All you need to know.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
From my experience with more cancer stricken folk that I care to think about, life is the biggest cause of cancer. Older crop farmers seem to have a higher rate. Besides that, it is hard to make much for rhyme or reason.

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a lot of old spray pilots, 70-80+ years old. No one on the face of the earth has been exposed to more farm chemicals than these guys. None of them have, or have had cancer. Knew some that have died from heart attacks or augering in, but no cancer.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pitchers never used to need or get tommy John surgery and now it's seldom for any of them to not experience at least once. Just chalked it up to tendinitis and rubbed some dirt on it..Same with Acl injuries for football players it seems.
Seems like both are just ticking time bombs ready to happen on any pitch or cut.
Reading the news is depressing these days because someone has been diagnosed or died of cancer.
Just makes a guy wonder..

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a lot of old spray pilots, 70-80+ years old. No one on the face of the earth has been exposed to more farm chemicals than these guys. None of them have, or have had cancer. Knew some that have died from heart attacks or augering in, but no cancer.

I’d imagine they avoid more drift than ol’ Joe in the Spra-Coup.

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d imagine they avoid more drift than ol’ Joe in the Spra-Coup.

No they didn't. Old Joe in the spra coupe might have sprayed a thousand acres in a year. These guys sprayed tens of thousands. The hoppers in spray planes are mounted right in front of the cockpit. Those things wreak of spray. In the old days before GPS and even toilet paper markers, they used to have people stand in the fields flagging. Alot of those guys started out that way. I was one of them. I've eaten way more spray than the janitor.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
No they didn't. Old Joe in the spra coupe might have sprayed a thousand acres in a year. These guys sprayed tens of thousands. The hoppers in spray planes are mounted right in front of the cockpit. Those things wreak of spray. In the old days before GPS and even toilet paper markers, they used to have people stand in the fields flagging. Alot of those guys started out that way. I was one of them. I've eaten way more spray than the janitor.

I know a couple spray pilots that have died from cancer

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
to be fair. the sprayers are spraying more than just glyphosate. i would guess its the other chemicals causing cancer more than the round up. the mechanism by which round up works just doesn't strike me as carcinogenic in nature.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88