Roundup causes cancer?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been working in the Ag industry for 20 years, I better get in line to get my piece of the pie. This is on MSN "33 of the most dangerous things science has strongly linked to cancer". After reading it we, are ALL F'ed and getting cancer. ;:;banghead

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look at what we put in our bodies with what we eat and drink. Read a label on a glass or can or something and everything is preservatives or dye. It is amazing we live to be 10 years old when you really think about it.
I agree on the sugar fueling the cancer.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i remember in the 70s flagging for dad and getting sprayed all day long.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well since we are talking about what could be causing cancer let us throw in what may be killing cancer cells. Yep the greatest plant in the world cannabis

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most people have cleaners under their sink that are more harmful and probably more carcinogenic than roundup is. I do think the less pesticides we use the better, but I do think roundup is one of the safer ones. I wonder if the green weenies that would like to see roundup banned have thought about how much food is produced with GMO's and roundups use. Can the world produce enough food without that technology to keep everyone fed?

Certainly our diets of processed foods and refined sugars aren't good for us and could be the cause or the fuel for cancer. I also wonder about all the plastics that we are exposed to. How much and what kind of chemicals come out of water bottles and plastic cups?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Certainly our diets of processed foods and refined sugars aren't good for us and could be the cause or the fuel for cancer. I also wonder about all the plastics that we are exposed to. How much and what kind of chemicals come out of water bottles and plastic cups?

Antimony and Bisphenol A. The more they are exposed to sunlight the more they release into the liquid contents.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Antimony and Bisphenol A. The more they are exposed to sunlight the more they release into the liquid contents.
It’s really nice when you see cases of water outside stores in the summer when it’s 90 and sunny.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure I took in more BPA in one long drink of a plastic hose in the summer than all the water bottles produced in 2018. I'll never forget that taste. Ha ha.

I "investigate" for toxic chemicals for a living - the last for 30 years. We developed a sensor for ballast water tanks on ships about 10 yrs ago (invasive species stuff).

When we searched for the "cleanest" water we could to serve as "the standard" for pure chemical-free water, it ended up that bottled water from Sam's (Members Mark) blew away all filtered water - except charcoal or ultra-purified water that cost $100/gallon from a lab. BPA wasn't one of the chemicals our sensor could detect, so I'm not claiming it wasn't there - but it's pretty close to pure water. Bottled water was maybe decades ago... but it's about as good as it gets with modern plastics (PET).

The vast majority of water companies (Aquafina etc) use PET for disposable water bottles. PET doesn't contain BPA... so it's NOT in disposable bottles nowadays. BPA is in thicker/stiffer re-usable bottles so they might contain BPA. So don't worry about your water unless you're drinking it out of some old re-usable, a cooler or some such. Or a hose in the summer - ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

That said - bottled water that's old or got hot tastes like crap so something does leach into it. If it happens I toss it out. Blech.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure I took in more BPA in one long drink of a plastic hose in the summer than all the water bottles produced in 2018. I'll never forget that taste. Ha ha.

I "investigate" for toxic chemicals for a living - the last for 30 years. We developed a sensor for ballast water tanks on ships about 10 yrs ago (invasive species stuff).

When we searched for the "cleanest" water we could to serve as "the standard" for pure chemical-free water, it ended up that bottled water from Sam's (Members Mark) blew away all filtered water - except charcoal or ultra-purified water that cost $100/gallon from a lab. BPA wasn't one of the chemicals our sensor could detect, so I'm not claiming it wasn't there - but it's pretty close to pure water. Bottled water was maybe decades ago... but it's about as good as it gets with modern plastics (PET).

The vast majority of water companies (Aquafina etc) use PET for disposable water bottles. PET doesn't contain BPA... so it's NOT in disposable bottles nowadays. BPA is in thicker/stiffer re-usable bottles so they might contain BPA. So don't worry about your water unless you're drinking it out of some old re-usable, a cooler or some such. Or a hose in the summer - ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

That said - bottled water that's old or got hot tastes like crap so something does leach into it. If it happens I toss it out. Blech.

water out of the hose has to be some of the best ever. That’s the only way we drank back in the 80’s as kids playing out side all day

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
On a level of 1 to dead anhydrous ammonia spraying has to be like a 9 right? I dont know how farmers do it. Damn near makes me pass out

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they weren't, and maybe still aren't, thinking drinking water standards when they manufactured hoses

I cannot imagine the BHP, etc. we took in

we did often let it run until it got cold - so maybe that saved us

but the taste remained unless you ran it a long time - which always brought mom outside to see what the heck we were doing wasting water

- - - Updated - - -

(70s)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, they still don't make garden hoses for us to drink out of as a general rule. You are supposed to buy special garden hoses for hooking your camper up to crappy well water many campgrounds serve.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a level of 1 to dead anhydrous ammonia spraying has to be like a 9 right? I dont know how farmers do it. Damn near makes me pass out

FYI, NH3 (anhydrous ammonia for you slow people ;:;rofl) is not sprayed, it is applied into the soil usually 2 to 4 inches deep. If you are doing things right either applying it or filling a nurse tank, you shouldn't be getting any spray just the smell once in a while. It is over powering depending on how concentrated the smell is. When I am working with it (I take short breaths thru my nose) because if you inhale a deep breath thru your mouth with a high concentration of ammonia smell it will take your breath away and knock you down to your knees. Google, NH3 safety videos and you will be able to learn all you will need know.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
When i had my pet scan before i went through treatment the guy doing it said the solution that they inject you with is like a red bull mixed with a cup of sugar!!!! He also told me yes cancer loves sugar like fisherman love buuuuusch latte's. Makes me think about sugar all the time now but i also gotta live, and i have a huge SWEET tooth.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anhydrous ammonia seeks moisture. That is why when inhaled it goes right for your mucus membranes. When it is knifed into soil it seeks moisture and binds to soil particles. If the soil is too dry or loose, it can escape.

It is liquid when it comes out of the knife tube and just like propane it turns to gas when sprayed in the air. I believe this is what Wags meant when he said spray. Or...I hope that is what he meant...……..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88