SB 2315 / Lockout

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill add to that with my gripe and how I see things. My gripe is thinking back to all the times I have voted or called a representative to support agriculture and get no appreciation. What I see is an attitude that they are better than us and we peasants should just send them our money, keep our mouth shut, and our feet out of "their kingdom". No one likes being looked or talked down to. Everyone likes to be appreciated. We hunters more than anyone have always supported farmers. Farmers especially through Farm Bureau have always worked against us, and this bill is an example of that. All I want is a two way street.

Good post Dirty, and you too Skeeter.

That's a lot of ithuse's.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL - I heard they're being seen in the zaniest of situations (small properties on the edge of town, etc.).

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please explain to me what “supporting our agricultural and hunting heritage by protecting our inherent private property rights”
even means? How does putting up a padlock on a fence support agriculture and hunting?

still scratching my head too

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They know the shits gonna hit the fan. They’re doing their best to rose color it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hypocrisy of some in agriculture is blatant. They tell us we should not support organizations like Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, but they belong to Farm Bureau, Farmers Union, Stockman Associations etc. It's do as they say, not do as they do. Many farmers belong to local wildlife clubs and vote, but buy insurance from the Farm Bureau and I you must purchase membership, but can't vote. We need some type of organization that does represent hunters. Most only represent themselves.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hypocrisy of some in agriculture is blatant. They tell us we should not support organizations like Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, but they belong to Farm Bureau, Farmers Union, Stockman Associations etc. It's do as they say, not do as they do. Many farmers belong to local wildlife clubs and vote, but buy insurance from the Farm Bureau and I you must purchase membership, but can't vote. We need some type of organization that does represent hunters. Most only represent themselves.

Farm orgs have rules for voting and non-voting members. A person must be actively farming to be a voting member. Policy starts at the county level. If it is a good idea, it moves on to District and if they like it it goes to the State Convention. If it is a great resolution it goes into the policy book for three years.

Farm orgs are grassroots from the bottom up. At Trout Unlimited, National Wildlife Federation or Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, active sportsmen do not get a vote. Those providing the funding do.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to be careful what you wish for but I bet a few of us would have enjoyed life before the homestead days.

This is worth reposting.

An Indian Chief was asked by a government official, "where did the white man go wrong?”

He said “When white man find land, Indians running it. No taxes, No debt, Plenty of wildlife, trees and Clean Water; Women did all the work at camp, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; All night screwing wife ”

Then the chief leaned back and smiled. “Only white man dumb enough to think he can improve system like that.”

Back when it was Rupert's Land.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDFB has been on the dude on dude gang bang position for a long time.

Ba ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Is NDFB kinda like AARP where greed and revenue changed the mission to "$, $, mo $" as opposed to advocacy for their membership?

ObamaCare. Thanks AARP.

My blood boils every time I get an AARP letter. Have been getting them since I was 45 or so. WTF.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ba ha ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Is NDFB kinda like AARP where greed and revenue changed the mission to "$, $, mo $" as opposed to advocacy for their membership?

ObamaCare. Thanks AARP.

My blood boils every time I get an AARP letter. Have been getting them since I was 45 or so. WTF.

can never start em too early.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88