SB 2315 / Lockout

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hate to break up your little pow wow here, but I see lots of terrible ideas being spouted out.

Most landowners do not support the all posted bill. There’s a small loud minority pushing this.

Open ditches - terrible idea! Would increase trespassing 1000%

Owner only posting - Again stupid. Renter paid for access to use that land. What did you pay for it?

Remove shield of liability - Are you even listening to yourself?

Again focus on who your enemy is....it’s not most farmers/landowners.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not seen any of those lockout signs in my area but if I did I would make note of it. If this passed I would go ask to hunt. These people claimed that they aren't against people hunting, they just want us to ask permission. I would guess I would get shot down the large majority of the time.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the landowners that don’t want this no trespass law don’t want these initiated measures then they better start raising hell with those that do. And they better get on their legislators asses about it. This is one pissed off country right now. We’re done fucking around. The proponents to the trespass law tout SD as a place it works fine. Well SD has open ditch hunting. That’s what will happen here.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The short of it is the Farm Bureau and Farmer's Union shouldn't have so much control over the state legislature.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to form a sportsman’s organization. Pool as much money as it takes to hire a nasty ass lobbyist. We need to ride the asses of ducks unlimited, pheasants forever, etc to help with lobbyists.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hate to break up your little pow wow here, but I see lots of terrible ideas being spouted out.

Most landowners do not support the all posted bill. There’s a small loud minority pushing this.

Owner only posting - Again stupid. Renter paid for access to use that land. What did you pay for it?

we have open ditches and no more trespassing than any other place

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my better friends farms south of town, he has pulled up to guys just glassing the side of a butte on his land, and proceeded to chew their ass for even looking. Told him you cant hunt my land anyway so get the fuck going, you don't even need to look at the deer over there...

Good guy, but definitely a Lock out kind of guy. I have hunted his land for years, he typically gives permission to anyone that asks, but looses his shit if he feels something might be happening without his permission.

Guarantee he would be for the all land is posted change, we don't talk about it.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member

isn't that the theme of today... yell loudest, get most

i don't trust a fucking soul, everyone is agenda driven, selfish, and greedy.

I find it interesting how the evolution in ND is a ruling class of landowners/farmers that the rest of the population has to bow to and serve... seems almost feudal...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my better friends farms south of town, he has pulled up to guys just glassing the side of a butte on his land, and proceeded to chew their ass for even looking. Told him you cant hunt my land anyway so get the fuck going, you don't even need to look at the deer over there...

Good guy, but definitely a Lock out kind of guy. I have hunted his land for years, he typically gives permission to anyone that asks, but looses his shit if he feels something might be happening without his permission.

Guarantee he would be for the all land is posted change, we don't talk about it.

Thats when i sit there and just keep looking. no laws against taking pictures of deer where ever they are if you are sitting on a public road

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
that happened to me and my cousin - a Lord knows how many degree black belt in Karate (old school)

cousin was riding passenger

rancher rolls up and gave us stink eye from two feet away (open truck windows) - just sat there staring

I thought "geez - wtf?"....

my cousin said, with no hesitation, "What the #### are you looking at?"

I laughed nervously after the rancher pulled away (which he did immediately)

but I thought to myself I was going to be the first one punched - wtf was my cousin going to do about that?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been chewed out by guys like your friend for just looking at critters, John. One of the neighbors of our property pulled that shit once when I was looking at deer from the highway that were on his land and some old bitch that I had the misfortune of crossing paths with while scouting turkeys once pulled up next to me with the same warning. I’m not sure I’ve ever found a better time for the phrase, “go fuck yourself” than those two instances. Usually that phrase is quite uncalled for but At the right time, it is quite invigorating and very appropriate.

Last edited:

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ND Constitution, Article XI, Section 27,
Text of Section 27:
Hunting, trapping, and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage and will be forever preserved for the people and managed by law and regulation for the public good.[1][2]

The 2 key phrases are preserved for the people and regulated for the public good. No Trespass is the antithesis of those 2 elements. Section 27 was passed with over 70% public support in the vote.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why aren’t you guys pissed off about selling federal land to build a piece of shit library?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
library = pork, not a fan even if it lines a pocket close to home....

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
93 acres is nuts. Five acres woukd be more than enough for a library and small park. I think we will see part of it sold to a developer. Someone is pulling a China Joe scam.
So you are ok with them selling your public land to do this rather it be 5 or 500 isn’t the point, but you get upset with how a private landowner wants to regulate access to his private land??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84