Sippin whiskey

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bottle of Crown Royal, in the original box and bag that was bottled in 1963. Seal is not broken. Someday when the time is right I agone ah sip it till its gone.

That is pretty cool, but whiskey is not aged after it is bottled. The aging takes place in the barrel. Wonder how that stuff will taste? Does whiskey go bad after 60 years? any evaporation out of the bottle?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a bunch of mini's that have the seal in place but have evaporated. Mostly the clear bottles like gin or vodka. Whiskey not so much. The Crown gurgles a little when you shake it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still sippn on the Jack and waters, but sometimes a vodka water is an inspiration.

straight Jack on the rocks can be delicious also.

bk3

Founding Member
Founding Member
whatever you choose make sure it comes off the highest top shelf, after all that OT don't go cheap

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody tried this fine beverage from Chicago, called Malort? I think it's made from wormwood. Sounds real interesting!

175955345_4380043568673785_4329863568627981451_n.jpg

Just seeing this now. I attended a 2 day managers meeting in Chicago. After 5pm it was on. Open bar and they had EVERYTHING. Some of the local managers were tempting me with this stuff and when the described how bad it was, I had to have a shot. Seriously, remember when your mom sprayed you with OFF! when you were a kid? Remember when she told you to hold your breath and keep your mouth shut so it didn't get in your mouth? Imagine that, mixed with stale gas and a hint of vomit and you have Malort. It is SO BAD, I'd love to have a bottle just to torment friends. Ive never tastef anything so horrid in my life

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whisky doesn't go bad. You might fetch a small fortune for that bottle right now. I have a bottle of single malt scotch I bought for a special occasion a few years back. It was collecting dust in a display case at a local liquor store. It was a 22 year at the time it was bottled and 20 years in the case when I bought it. Smart enough? To Google it before I opened it. It will fetch 1k at auction today. Torn. Drink it and enjoy 1 night of bliss. Or sell it and buy 10 $100 bottles?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
whatever you choose make sure it comes off the highest top shelf, after all that OT don't go cheap
I’m working all of this overtime so now I don’t have time to drink whiskey.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Black Velvet. Dough ball is a cookie dough whiskey, very smooth, a little sweet, but dangersously good how smooth it is, you almost forget its whiskey.

Been doing a few different mixes I see on youtube but always seem to enjoy a good caeser.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whisky doesn't go bad. You might fetch a small fortune for that bottle right now. I have a bottle of single malt scotch I bought for a special occasion a few years back. It was collecting dust in a display case at a local liquor store. It was a 22 year at the time it was bottled and 20 years in the case when I bought it. Smart enough? To Google it before I opened it. It will fetch 1k at auction today. Torn. Drink it and enjoy 1 night of bliss. Or sell it and buy 10 $100 bottles?

Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir!

cache.php

- - - Updated - - -

This is a fucking jam:

https://youtu.be/x-wwglkifvg

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just seeing this now. I attended a 2 day managers meeting in Chicago. After 5pm it was on. Open bar and they had EVERYTHING. Some of the local managers were tempting me with this stuff and when the described how bad it was, I had to have a shot. Seriously, remember when your mom sprayed you with OFF! when you were a kid? Remember when she told you to hold your breath and keep your mouth shut so it didn't get in your mouth? Imagine that, mixed with stale gas and a hint of vomit and you have Malort. It is SO BAD, I'd love to have a bottle just to torment friends. Ive never tastef anything so horrid in my life

You need to go to Thailand. That crap they call whiskey is an abomination. Not even snake blood could fix it.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you guys just pour it in a glass and drink it? I am going to the citys next week and might have to see if i like any of that stuff

One thing better in cities is the tequila bar that is all they serve in it, sliding ladder behind bar to reach all good stuff very interesting drinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Dad was a whiskey nut, back when he took me all over hunting we drank alot of fine spirits. Can't remember the names of some but you learned to acquire the taste of the finer ones. Was in Kentucky years back and found some of those back woods distrillers, wow we drank some kickass shit. Cheers all

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember back when I was a young lad worked for Lambert Lumber and the head office was in Minnap. The salesmen would get called into the city for company meetings and we stayed at the Normandy Inn in downtown Minnie. Just turned 21 when I got to go to first meeting. Green to the world to say the least. There was a group of us setting at a table having supper and one of the guys ordered a B&B. When the waiter brought it to the table it was a tall thin glass of whatever it was and then the waiter took a lighter a lite the drink and it burned with a clear blue flame, I was impressed and so was a guy setting alone at a near by table. He talked to the waiter and then the waiter brought him one too and lite it for him also. The guy just admired it so much then went back to eating. After a bit he picked up the glass to take a sip. But he forgot to blow the flame out first. Nose hair and mustach just went poof, luckly he didnt throw it but I can still see him going putt-putt-putt trying to put out his face fire. Oh the funny shit you remember. LB Hope this makes someone smile today. LB

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir!

cache.php

you are just too hard to decipher sometimes. can't tell what it is that is "wrong". but, unopened and sealed whisky is thought to last a lifetime without any ill effects. opened, not so much.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
bought my brother a bottle of Macallan 18 for when he returned home from deployment. He's back but we haven't gotten together to dig into it. I've had it before and it is fantastic.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
splurging! i love mac 18! good for you. its spendy and like $175 more than the 12 depending on where you get it. but, its noticeably better. i have trouble justifying the price. but, for a special occasion like that, worth every damn penny. enjoy and congrats on his safe return!

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Yeah maybe so,but it was free,can't remember all the nasty moonshine we drank as a youngen,hold your nose nasty but a good buzz.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52