Sitka gear…..$$$$

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sitka never heard of it must be like that guy thats says oh look at me I like to do blow with my hookers.;)

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
see alot of people wearing 1200 dollars worth of gear these days.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just sitting here thinking back on hunting season and how awesome I looked in my sitka gear….. sigh
Were you warm? Dry? Besides looking good, sell me on why I should spend tons of $$ on Sitka......

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were you warm? Dry? Besides looking good, sell me on why I should spend tons of $$ on Sitka......
Honestly, all three. For those that dont buy it and get away with lesser gear, great! But for me, it has kept me on the mountain behind the glass longer than not having it.

Dont get me wrong, good old wool gets the job done, but comfort and lightweight materials are worth it if a guy can afford it. I know it gets a bad rep and is ungodly expensive….but when I am in the middle of nowhere freezing my gonads off, I wont care if I spent another 200 bucks on a jacket.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh I think people who need to buy sitka gear are the same people who have wives or girlfriends who insist on buying Gucci or coach. They buy it becuase they can afford it and i say good for you but there isn't anything special about buying a 500+ jacket to stand out in the tree stand, you can read online the many alternatives to sitka that for a fraction of the price that will get the job done. On a positive note they are made in the USA so they have my support just for that point. yeah I don't have anything sitka but I can read. JMTC

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent my money on enclosed blinds and propane heaters so I can sit in comfort when its really nasty. I don't care how much you spend on clothes, when the windchill is below zero you're going to freeze after a couple hours unless you're moving. I've spent enough time laying on a hill in the snow to know i don't want to do that much anymore.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was really hesitant about sitka because of the price until I decided to buy their jetstream jacket. I was skeptical of how warm I would be due to little to no insulation but it made a HUGE difference. No I wait for sales. Just picked up one of their puffy jackets for 1/2 price. If you are willing to wait and work the colors you can get some excellent deals. I bought a blue puffy and where a camo jetstream over it. If I start walking I throw the puffy in the pack never have to worry about seeing the blue puffy. And I can where it around town without looking too redneck.

If anything sitka teaches you how to layer properly to stay warm and dry without adding bulk and weight.

I wouldn't trade mine.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have much, and what I do have come from the closeout rack. I did goof on some pants. I bought them even though they were a little tight only to decide later they were tighter than I wanted to wear.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I very much appreciate good gear but can’t bring myself to pay retail. I’ve not once bitched that I bought good gear - except when I lost it or somehow screwed it up.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No doubt about it that the flannels and wool get the job done. However after hunting in my Walmart gear for 25 years I will not be going back after using the "good" stuff. There is literally no comparison on how good it actually functions. From being lightweight, the way it dries out and how warm the puffy gear it is truly unbelievable. Carry on!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I very much appreciate good gear but can’t bring myself to pay retail. I’ve not once bitched that I bought good gear - except when I lost it or somehow screwed it up.
I know the feeling...lost a Kuiu jacket in ID elk hunting. Tried to follow the gps back to where I thought it fell off my pack. No luck🤬

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep worth every penny to me. I get to spend more time in the field comfortably. Lots of times I’m going hunting while Walmart camo guy doesn’t even get out of bed because the weather sucks. Fit function and quality is top notch. It lasts longer so if you run it it’s probably cheaper over the years than lower price and quality gear

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep worth every penny to me. I get to spend more time in the field comfortably. Lots of times I’m going hunting while Walmart camo guy doesn’t even get out of bed because the weather sucks. Fit function and quality is top notch. It lasts longer so if you run it it’s probably cheaper over the years than lower price and quality gear
As a veteran , I signed up to their pro program. I’ve bought multiple pieces for a lot less than retail . For any veteran’s you should do the same .

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, love the pieces of sitka gear I have purchased. Their products I own made a backcountry elk hunt far more enjoyable than it would have been with cheaper gear.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Walmart and flannel guy don’t venture very far from the truck!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33