LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Z

- - - Updated - - -

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
what would bring in more margin than a $150 fish cleaning device?

A $150 Fishing Rod, any kind of clothing, anything in the optics section, any of those high end coolers (Yeti/Artic).....I bet the number of items/SKU's in Scheel's with more margin compared against an overpriced fish skinning device would be a long list.

mrperch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup next thing you know there is money missing off the dresser and your daughters knocked up.
Crazy the commission those guys make. Seems like a waste of money for scheels but it seems to work for them.

What if OP knew he 100% wanted a skinzit. He told his wife that. His wife goes there knowing exactly what she wants and salesman talks her into something else. OP opens Christmas gift and it’s not what he wanted. Next thing u know he’s yelling at wife in front of kids. Soon enough he’s going through the big D.

Thanks a lot salesman.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A $150 Fishing Rod, any kind of clothing, anything in the optics section, any of those high end coolers (Yeti/Artic).....I bet the number of items/SKU's in Scheel's with more margin compared against an overpriced fish skinning device would be a long list.

gotcha - I thought OP’s wife was specifically after fish cleaning tools

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife did spend more money on something else. Yes they were out of the Skinzit. Reason for me asking is I have a birthday coming up and these look like something I would use, but if they don't save me some time I see no reason to buy 1. That is the reason I asked on here for some opinions. The salesman only gave his personal opinion, and made some other suggestions. She was impressed with the salesman as he passed on a sure sale and walked her around showing her some other gifts. I just last year got back into ice fishing and bought an Eskimo portable ice house. This salesman suggested a flasher and other things. She bought me a FL-18 as she remembered me looking at one last spring. More money, but a decision she made. Happy salesman as he made a bigger sale.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife did spend more money on something else. Yes they were out of the Skinzit. Reason for me asking is I have a birthday coming up and these look like something I would use, but if they don't save me some time I see no reason to buy 1. That is the reason I asked on here for some opinions. The salesman only gave his personal opinion, and made some other suggestions. She was impressed with the salesman as he passed on a sure sale and walked her around showing her some other gifts. I just last year got back into ice fishing and bought an Eskimo portable ice house. This salesman suggested a flasher and other things. She bought me a FL-18 as she remembered me looking at one last spring. More money, but a decision she made. Happy salesman as he made a bigger sale.

You asked for a skinzit and she got you a Vexilar? Does she have a sister???

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
gotta agree with MSA Meh... get yourself a electric knife and learn how to use it well.... you can fillet a bucket of perch/ panfish in no time complete with boning the rib cage out.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think im guna send the ol lady into Blake's Marine tonite to get me some yamalube..

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
holy shit that's funny. only a local will understand the blakes/yamalube connection. true flashback!

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
The BANJO MINNOW was a smallie and gill killer!!! nephew had to reorder 2nd kit!!! believe it or not that one worked. His pocket fisherman not so much.!!!!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I still have a pocket fisherman new in the box, but no it isn't for sale, remember when we were kids we would tie the pocket fisherman to our dirt bikes and go fishing, we thought they were the cats meow

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not sure about you guys, but I’d like to rip baits with the pocket fisherman standing next to Alex Langer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84