Spring Snows 2023

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
BTW, I have not seen snow geese over my place as of yet, but lots of Honkers in the sky over Lincoln as of late. My pond is still frozen over with no visible water, so as of now there has been no squabbles in the backyard for nesting rights. That's like one of the greatest things to watch come spring at my place.

Especially when there are 2 of them fighting over a mate. I saw the first honkers of the year yesterday , I heard them from a long ways away , fighting like crazy and sure enough there were 3 of them and they going at it

Fox and coyotes are tough on them up here once they start nesting. A pair will usually start out with half a dozen or less survivors and lucky if a couple of them make it.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The raptors are here in droves,the other day had three bald eagles, and three snowy owls circling over town, and lots of sparrow hawks and other hawks out. The three snowy owls where impressive at three in the afternoon. Plenty of dead deer out there for food

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just seen a pair of Wood Ducks in are Cotton wood trees. If it's the same pair, they have been around for yrs.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Traveling back to ND on Thursday, just south of Sioux Falls I saw what I am sure was the largest bunch, flock, group, or whatever is the proper term of snow geese that I have ever seen. Been hunting geese for 60 years and have never seen that big of a group.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr are the snows in mobridge now
Just the leading edge. I would say next day or two we will see a big push. Friend was in Onida yesterday and they were loaded lots of water running hard every where.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Dad just sent me video of north of watertown along the interstate and the fields are full of snows

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snows were flying over yesterday afternoon.

Seagulls, robins and meadowlarks were back as of Saturday.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not even taking a peek, what I've seen are cruising right on by. Heavier snow pack up towards Hwy 2 from pics I have seen.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m doing some driving today and finding pockets but all adults and seem spread out. Maybe that keeps the bird flu at bay with how spread they are now. Going to try and find something for this weekend . Might just pick some sheet water in a hood area and give it a try

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes alot in central ND just passing on by, alot big hookers for sure, wish they would open up that season too now. We have been hitting up water spots is our best bet they are spotty as Kurt says fields are half open makes it tuff I wonder. Had all kinds of hookers all over first to arrive here

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait a minute......big hookers in central ND?
Oh yah....

1681507005370.png

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very spotty in central ND, most not stopping. Got 7 on saturday, must all be in SD yet

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84