Stand or get fired

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on how one looks at the bigger picture.

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/stand-because-the-politician-says-so

Ok, so President Trump thinks that NFL owners should fire players for taking a knee during the national anthem.

In his usual shock jock method of communicating, the President said:

"Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, he's fired. He's fired!"

That's colorful for sure, but the president has a right to his own opinion, like everyone else. They're just words, that no one has to take seriously.

Unfortunately, many in America view politicians as members of a diety. Politicians are considered the Church Elders in the government religion.

From the perspective of Liberty and Freedom, what if Trump's words are taken seriously? What if someday the rest of the government's Church Elders decide to take out the guns to enforce this edict?

Well, first, it would violate the core belief of libertarians --- no person or group can use aggressive force against any individual. Force is only justified in self-defense to repel an aggressor.

Someone that kneels at home, on a field, in the ocean, or anywhere else is not using aggressive force against anyone.

As long as you're not trespassing on someone's property, and the property owner has no problem with you kneeling, go ahead and kneel until your knees bleed.

Which leads to the next point. If the NFL were forced by law to fire a player that kneels, the government would be abolishing the property rights of the NFL.

It is the property owner who has the right to decide if someone can give a speech, kneel, smoke, or anything else that's peaceful on his property.

Kneeling during the national anthem is an issue between NFL players and NFL teams only. They should make their own voluntary contracts, which stipulate what behavior is and is not acceptable on NFL property.

​Should we worry about government using force against the NFL?

Of course....This isn't 1776 America.

You have to remember, starting around the 1900's, the government religion has been getting the kids when they're young. Most people are forced into government buildings to be "schooled" for about 18 years.

Government is always scheming to get the kids younger and younger too. Universal Pre-K is the new thing.

Perhaps someday a government agent will be in every hospital delivery room. Who knows?

But for 18 years, in those government "schools," every single day starts with rising at your desk, and saying your morning prayer to the state --- known as the pledge of allegiance.

Do morning prayers happen once a year? Once a month? Once a week?

No!

Every single day.

By the time you're an adult, your ability to contemplate freedom, private property and voluntary contracts has been considerably diminished.

"Of course everyone must stand for the National Anthem --- And of course the President should force them."

We naturally would never come to such a conclusion. We'd have to be "schooled" first.

So while the president's words might just be words (for now) we should always be vigilant against taking them any further.

Private Property ... Freedom to think and make your own choices ... Voluntary Contracts ... Anything that's peaceful ... Live and Let Live.

Those are the ideas that are far more attractive than "
Get that son of a bitch off the field..."

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
That fella needs to talk less. He's went from being someone running on being different from the stereotype politicians to being the stereotype on steroids. Out on the campaign trail even. I watched about 5 minutes of his speech and it was hard to sort out his point over the raving lunatic impersonation he was trying to pull off. If the NFL thought it was in their best interest to give the owners the go ahead to can players who don't stand they would. The NFL is still above repercussion from the public, people rant and rave about how shitty the NFL is while they watch every game. Kinda like someone telling you how gross cigarettes are while sparking one up. The NFL has no problem regulating players behavior(except wife beating it seems), sending out a memo on anthem protocol shouldn't be too hard for them. If it would was worth the controversy in their eyes they would.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO, the players are employees representing the owner/team/fans... The owners need to step up and put this as "actions detrimental to the success of the franchise" or some such shit... Kneel on your time, not on my stage, you're fired!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I'm concerned, every citizen has the right to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else to include kneeling for the anthem. However, that does not stop others from excising their right to FIRE YOU for such revolting behavior!!!! I didn't watch the NFL much prior to this disrespectful kneeling embarrassment, but with the league NOT taking a stand against such disrespect, only shows they condone it. Therefore, I refuse to watch, buy merchandise, or have anything to do with this league or any of its members. I find such behavior disgusting and the individuals detestable, repugnant, and totally abhorrent. Moreover, anyone NOT trying to correct this behavior should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of courage. If I were an NFL owner, NO PLAYER OR MEMBER OF MY ORGANIZATION would show such disrespect and expect to have a job. The End!!!

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it wasn't for the brave men and women of this great country, them overpaid crybaby bitches wouldn't be making millions for playing a game! They absolutely should stand for the national anthem, if not no pay n ur fired. Good luck trying to do actual work every day of ur life to make a living instead of working 1 day a week for 6 months! Also no stand, no citizen. Deport them Mother Effers!

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
DKay2r4WAAE_HIb.jpg:large

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those that kneel are a bunch of pussies, they'd be surrounded in a puddle of their own piss if they ever had to defend the flag they kneel for.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMHO, the players are employees representing the owner/team/fans... The owners need to step up and put this as "actions detrimental to the success of the franchise" or some such shit... Kneel on your time, not on my stage, you're fired!

This! 100 times this. I fully understand that they can't be put in jail for such actions, or fined, or whatever, but if I were a team owner, I would exercise my right to let the guy go. So long, see ya!

I have no doubt that these guys are talented, but for every single one of them, there have to be another thousand out there who are hungry. Hungrier!! Get rid of the POS ones who use their ten minutes on stage to exercise this ridiculousness. I have never been a fan of NFL, but I would go naked before wearing a jersey now.

I'd rather wear Under Armour.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those that kneel are a bunch of pussies, they'd be surrounded in a puddle of their own piss if they ever had to defend the flag they kneel for.

AMEN brother and well said!

- - - Updated - - -

This! 100 times this. I fully understand that they can't be put in jail for such actions, or fined, or whatever, but if I were a team owner, I would exercise my right to let the guy go. So long, see ya!

I have no doubt that these guys are talented, but for every single one of them, there have to be another thousand out there who are hungry. Hungrier!! Get rid of the POS ones who use their ten minutes on stage to exercise this ridiculousness. I have never been a fan of NFL, but I would go naked before wearing a jersey now.

I'd rather wear Under Armour.
Fullly agree 100%.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be honest football has really started losing its luster for me to really give a shit anymore. I am guessing now there will be more players kneeling which will send backlash to people that get pissed about their actions(mine included). Which might cause less people to watch or care about overpaid athletes. Now they have the right to do everything they are doing but actions and words can have backlash. The NFL is finding out it is costing them ratings.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
what’s bizarre to me is they don’t realize they’re costing themselves millions if not billions

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OK guys, be stupid and kneel during our national anthem. You got something to say and think the rest of us gives a shit. Thing thats pisses me off is the networks putting the camera on these losers. Quit doing that and these snowflakes will stop. Nothing more than attention whores. If it wasn't for the fact these guys are good at football, they'd still be in the hood.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I believe if it wasn't for fantasy football, the NFL would probably be the 3rd or 4th most popular sport in our country.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Homeslice do your homework before you post shit that has been taken out of contest and is completely false

Trump said there were some "very bad people" on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee's statue who were "fine people."

"You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, to them, of a very, very important statue and a renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name," Trump said.

Last edited:

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Statues honoring men that tried to tear this nation apart; We need to honor our history and they were fine folks.
Taking a knee during the national anthem to protest a broken criminal justice system; Son's of bitches.
Sound logic, and not at all racist.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit watching any pro ball sports years ago and especially the NFL after they adopted the system of all are guilty until proven innocent logic after 911 and having been run through more security checks to get into a game than onto an airplane. Then after seeing a game I found out there were no athletes there, only people who are 110% rested between every other play then stand around on the field with their finger up their arses for 10 minutes. This doesn't qualify as a sport and thus doesn't qualify for a paycheck in my opinion so i do nothing to support it anymore.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 268
  • This month: 225
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84