Stand or get fired

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was told many many years ago at a young age that you shouldn't wear the flag ( meaning the flag itself ), but you may wear a shirt or headband with an image of the flag. Don't know if right or not just what i was told so long ago.
I love this Country and to me the problem boils down to there isn't much respect in this day and age. We were raised to be seen and not heard when company came over, respect ones elders, respect your parents, respect the flag and national anthem, say the pledge of allegiance, open doors for your elders and ALL women and so many more.
My Dad and his family came over from Germany/Russia in 1912 when he was 3. He and his whole family became citizens and learned to read and write in English. His Dad said we will speak English in this Country as that is the language that is spoken here. They told us about all they suffered through over across the big pond and they said here we have rights but one must respect America and respect the flag and all that is stands for.
Seems like immigrants (sp) back then knew how much better our Country was as they we treated like dirt in their old Country. Many were taken away by their Country's military and never returned. So many things that we take for granted.
Just my 2 cents.
I can relate so much to this.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My great grandpa came to the US when he was a young teen with only his young sister around 1915 to escape turkeys mass killing of my relatives. They killed around 1.5 million people, including the rest of my grandpas brothers, sisters, parents and the rest of his family. None of our presidents have officially called it what it was (genocide) despite promising to do so before being elected. It's kind of a hard pill to swallow but I do understand why all of our presidents end up backing away from calling it a genocide. It is not in our countries best interest to do it. We have and need bases in turkey and don't want to escalate tensions. Seems crazy to me it but it is what it is and I understand why their hands are tied. F turkey though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NFL is just another branch of Hollywood. Of which is also seeing large drops in profits. Middle America is tired of constant mention by these entities as being backwoods simpleton racists, and we are speaking with our wallets..

Mrs johnr was called by the rnc for a donation last weekend, she politely stated our support for our party is on indefinite hiatus until the results we voted for start to showcase

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NFL is just another branch of Hollywood. Of which is also seeing large drops in profits. Middle America is tired of constant mention by these entities as being backwoods simpleton racists, and we are speaking with our wallets..

Mrs johnr was called by the rnc for a donation last weekend, she politely stated our support for our party is on indefinite hiatus until the results we voted for start to showcase

I told them that too... but wasn't polite about it. I even asked the volunteer why they work for lying PsOS.

#nofilterunliketherefinedmrsjohnr

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
why-protesting.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is an option to get your football fix if you need it. Nice to look at and I'm assuming they are allowed to hit harder than the NFL allows.

Lingerie Football League declares they stand for the national anthem - Fox News
https://apple.news/Aj5e8rF5YQXqBchFAMeLIyA

I must admit, I have seen several games. They are fun as hell to watch. And if you don't think they take it seriously, well...you just haven't watched a game since they first got introduced as a Stupid Bowl half time thingy.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like mother nature is protesting the NFL
Or she just doesn't like the Packers or Da Bears

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just read a story from Florida where a 6 year old knelt for the pledge of allegiance in school. The teacher sent a text to the mom stating she's pretty sure she knows where he saw it but just as a just so you know type thing. Well the mom definitely used it as a teachable moment all right. She ran to the press and demanded a meeting with the principal and the teacher to demand apologies for stomping on the kids freedom of speech and to ask that he be allowed to switch classrooms unless he get a very public apology from the teacher. He's 6 I remind you. I think I made the right call not watching the game last night

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm writing this for those who are willing to answer a few questions.

My old man was in the Army, one of my uncles retired from the Navy somewhat recently, another uncle was a Marine (I know, once a Marine always a Marine), and my grandpa also served as well as a handful of classmates, including a buddy who went to West Point.

What exactly made you decide to stop watching? I mean, I get the disgust with the kneeling during the anthem and the belief that it was disrespectful to the people who served but I'm more asking why now and not when this started during the preseason last year? The guy who started the whole thing isn't even in the league anymore but he seems to be getting more hate now than all of last year while he was doing this and I know a handful of guys were following his lead.

I'm also wondering how many of you know all or even most of the flag code?
I'm guessing the military guys know these and maybe others but I am curious as to how many of you guys actually honestly knew all of these very specific rules?

I'm curious how some of you came to form your opinion

As a kid growing up most of my parents friends were Vets, most of the kids I played and worked with had a lot of Vets in their familys. I went in the Navy and then on to way too many combat deployments and most of my buddies are Vets. So I guess you could say I'm Vet friendly.

Any disrespect towards my Country or the Flag and I lose most if not all respect towards those doing it. Right or wrong I have been known to "assist" those that do not stand for the National Anthem to do so, and have removed a hat or two for those unable to do so by themselves.

I don't give two shits if the shithead that started this is in the nfl or not. I for one was happy to see him fall and fade away. In a word Fuck him!

I know the flag code and follow it. I also fly the US Flag and the First Navy Jack every day and night year around.

The prima donas kneeling and protesting have every right to do so. I however have every right to vote with my time and most importantly my wallet and boycott them and the league that supports them. In a word Fuck them!

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
GOD BLESS AMERICA and to those who know "it is only right to stand and be reverent to the U.S. flag" during the anthem, and not the time voice your displeasure and protest your view that something is broken in this country, "I thank you". History and issues may have divided us, but they can also be fixed, under the right tone or venue (Not protest with violence way). Otherwise, if you don't like it.......GET THE HELL OUT...Canada, Mexico and even North Korea will take you. Otherwise, turn in your NFL uniform for a military uniform. RIP Pat Tillman!!! You truly understood the word sacrifice.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen a guy around Mandan that has his whole face tattooed. Even had a decent looking girlfriend. Kinda made me wanna get some face tats.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't watch NFL football. I don't think I've watched a full game since the Harbaugh Bowl in 2013. (I've lived in San Jose since '81 and watched and cheered for all 5 of the '9ers Super Bowl wins! Kapernick is the only '9er quarterback to lose a Super Bowl.) This is disrespecting our flag and our National Anthem and just re-inforces my beliefs that these protestors should not be supported.

I didn't serve. I was a "draft dodger" by some peoples definition ... 9 semesters of college with a 2-S deferment got me a BSCE in Civil Engineering from UND in Jan. '68. I had a job offer from a consortium headed by Morrison Knudson to go to work in Viet Nam as a civilian, but I needed a deferment to go. No deal. I got classified 1-A and got drafted. Six weeks into basic at Ft. Lewis I was medically separated, classified 4-F and went to Vietnam in December '68. Spent 42 months in Vietnam and came home in June of '72.

Does this give me a platform to spout off on these asshats about not standing up for the National Anthem? I think so. If someone wants to protest police brutality, kneeling at an NFL game doesn't do it. The TV networks didn't even televise the anthem until these asshats started their protests.

Just my $.02.

Go SIOUX. Fighting Sioux forever!!!

Steve.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 266
  • This month: 225
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 89