Storms

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here in Valley City, the storm dropped a half inch of rain, gave us a SPECTACULAR light show, shook the house with continuous thunder, and scared the crap outta the dog. No damage so we dodged a bullet and all is well at Fort KDM. Hope everyone else came through OK as well.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Obi-wan, so less than a foot before it goes over emergency spillway?

They claim full capacity pool is at 1854', so its 1.2-1.3' below that right now. With the rain that dumped into the entire drainage yesterday and today I have been waiting to see what the latest flood warning might be. Sure seem to be taking there time...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
They claim full capacity pool is at 1854', so its 1.2-1.3' below that right now. With the rain that dumped into the entire drainage yesterday and today I have been waiting to see what the latest flood warning might be. Sure seem to be taking there time...

oh, thanks, I thought there was a post somewhere on here in the last few days that had a picture showing spillway being 1953'

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah you got to believe they're going to tack on at least 10,000 more probably try to keep her just below flood stage so they can claim they were below flood stage. Good thing the County clearly has a fairly decent plan when it comes to flooding because they were smart enough to pump out the storage area on the drainage ditch a couple days ago.

Rainfall total with a little more clarity to it although there is without question some significant overestimation with the hail cores.

Screenshot_20180629-095710.jpg

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
It kinda wicked in Williston around 9:30 last night, damn that wind, did a mini inspection of trees in front yard before heading to work, got one small tree broke and 8 ft section of fence down..hmmmm, that post didn't stand a chance, it was on the end and it was old any way, so gonna leave it out.

campchef

Honored Member
About an inch in Hebron, heavy winds. Lots of tin roofs took some wind damage in town. We are now sitting right at 16 inches total of rain at my place. Went through Beulah this morning, and Cenex had water standing on the floor coming in the door. Reports from about a dozen ranchers/farmers up there indicate anywhere from 1.7 to 5 inches. Really a wide variety. Maybe this will flood out those dipshits in Bismarck/Mandan that chose to build right on the river again. One can only hope.
Hey Taylor, did someone crap in your cornflakes this morning or is this just an example of ignorance meeting envy?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Internet or not, anyone who calls someone a dipshit for living on the river can get bent. I live on a river, a much smaller one, and wouldn't change it for anything. I slept right thru the storm in Jamestown, but the wifes Facebook shows lots of damage from washburn east on the HWY 200 corridor which is where i used to live. Glad i didn't pull the camper out to the lake like i intended yesterday.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
About an inch in Hebron, heavy winds. Lots of tin roofs took some wind damage in town. We are now sitting right at 16 inches total of rain at my place. Went through Beulah this morning, and Cenex had water standing on the floor coming in the door. Reports from about a dozen ranchers/farmers up there indicate anywhere from 1.7 to 5 inches. Really a wide variety. Maybe this will flood out those dipshits in Bismarck/Mandan that chose to build right on the river again. One can only hope.
Dammit Roseanne!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Checked my rain gauge here in Jamestown and we only had .22 inches. I don't think the wind was over 30 mph even though the radar showed the storm right on us. I worked all night the past two nights and I looking at the approaching lightning and the radar map I was expecting a lot more. It blew a couple of tarps down at the county fair and that was it.

KJS - ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw pictures of Brush Lake - dang they really got hit hard - pontoons on lifts completely upside down and trees through cabin roofs. Not good. Stay safe during cleanup people.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Swear to god some of you sissies have no sense of humor. Or have absolutely no sense of sarcasm when its typed out. As with about everyone, Bisman included, I'm sick of the rain. Hell no I don't hope people lose their fricken homes, christttttttt almighty boys take it easy. It's been a shit show for weather all spring and summer so far. Like others, I also have had damage and can't get into the fields to cut. Everyone has their own shit show to deal with, so yeah, I'm making some funnies about it. Chill out boys, chilllll out.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
Swear to god some of you sissies have no sense of humor. Or have absolutely no sense of sarcasm when its typed out. As with about everyone, Bisman included, I'm sick of the rain. Hell no I don't hope people lose their fricken homes, christttttttt almighty boys take it easy. It's been a shit show for weather all spring and summer so far. Like others, I also have had damage and can't get into the fields to cut. Everyone has their own shit show to deal with, so yeah, I'm making some funnies about it. Chill out boys, chilllll out.

This, boys and girls, is what you call back pedaling.

1464671180458.gif

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had some pretty crazy straight line winds and heavy rain this morning in Northeastern ND. I haven't heard any numbers yet. Took a couple of fascia boards off the north side of the house and a big branch fell onto my neighbors pickup taking out the mirror and put a couple of dents and scratches in it. But, compared the the storms we had a couple of summers ago this one was pretty tame.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
on the bright side of things... all this water is good for our fishing waters, especially the slough variety.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This, boys and girls, is what you call back pedaling.

1464671180458.gif

Haha, and now I'm a humorless sissy who doesn't get sarcasm.

haha. yes. haha.

For the record, I'm not on the river, although I do live in south Bismarck. Also for the record, I can not read minds.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Started in Garrison for us at about 9pm last night, 15-20min shower that dumped about .25 right off the bat. After that passed the continuous thunder started. I cant believe how there was almost seemingly no break between the constant rumbling. The main portion of the storm hit about midnight, not much wind on the front side of it which surprised me as Tom was saying 80mph + in the bad of storms from Max to Wilton. I understand now that it must have been the southern half. We got the torrential rains, then as the main red part of the storm moved past, the cloud to ground lighting was unbelievable. I had over a half dozen strikes within .5mi of my house. About an hour all said an done so went to bed. Woke up about 3:30 to 50+ mph wind as the back half of the storm finally met up with my sticks and sod. No damage at home but Garrison took a lick'n. Trees got struck by lightning, falling on power lines. The guys at Otter Tail have had a busy week as they had 4 poles go down on Tuesday night as well.

Over 5" of rain for the week for us now. 2.90 last night alone.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boss had a tree come down on his cabin on Devils Lake. Sounds like it was nasty that-away. Got a picture from a coworker's friend in northern MN with a pontoon flipped over onto a dock. That takes some pretty strong wind to do that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
0.5" in Ft Yates. Nothing woke me up so not sure about wind and light show?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88