Stuff of Nightmares

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, this one's dedicated to you!

Thankfully I've never experienced bed bugs.....hope I never do.

The video taught me a new term though: traumatic insemination :oops:

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without a doubt, one of the WORST indoor household pests to deal with. I've dealt with these pests on 3 continents and they SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!! Essentially, if you get them, you have to bomb the entire house with some pretty hot insecticides. These little bastards get into the electric outlets and the damn walls and everything and everywhere. Bed bugs are the reason that when I travel ANYWHERE and stay in a hotel, I put my ENTIRE suitcase into the freezer for at least 5 days before unpacking when I get back home. The freezer deal will kill the nymphal as well as adult bed bugs, but it takes much longer to kill the eggs if you have them in your clothes or whatever. I've only known ONE case where a man had bedbugs in the house and completely got rid of them in one shot without pesticides. He drained all the water out of his entire house including toilets, traps, and everything in January. Shut off all the power to the house as any electric motors running will provide heat and haven for the bugs. Opened all the windows in the house and went on vacation for two weeks and let the whole house freeze. When he came back with his family and reheated the house, the bugs were gone. Sounds pretty extreme, but that's the lengths a man must go to in order to get rid of these bastards. They are a real beotch to get rid of. In Afghanistan, when one of the b-huts found bed bugs, we burned it to the ground and had the engineers build a new one. They were that bad to deal with. They are no joke. Avoid them at all costs. Carry On!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Big sealable plastic bags that you can leave out in the elements for a coupla weeks when you get back, LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84