Swearing

How would the community like to deal with swearing?

• Let it go

Votes: 97 48.3%
  • Find a way to negate it

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • A couple warnings, then ban 'em

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
During calving one night the kid 6 is hanging out at Grandmas house, I came down to see how things were going walked in and nobody heard me come in. Taking off my coat and I hear the kid playing with his corrals and cows in the living room with Grandpa.

Then I hear "get your f#$%@#$ ass in the F$%@#$@# barn" and it got real quiet,

I think even Bill O'Riely stopped talking on Fox news

Grandma asked the kid where did you hear that from? The little squealer said "dad says it all the time calving cows when one won;t go in".

I almost slipped out of the house and gave up custody of the kid right there instead of letting Grandma know I was there. Slipped on my boot and snuck back out and then made a lot of noise opening the door and hollered to the kid to get his stuff we were heading home.

Didn;t work, Grandma hollered back to get in here. I walked around the corner of the living room with a bar of soap in my hand. It took about a year before she actually laughed about it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you guys are the worst and bring out the bad in me, i would venture a guess that there has been more F-bombs on this thread then any of the other ones out there?... so maybe just dont bring it up and then juan wont have the itch to go all rebellious on us! btw you are getting soap for that juanr!

I was never forced to straighten up with a bar of soap, so unfortunately I did not know it was as bad as I would later find out. I was on the road for meetings(about 5 years ago), we stayed at the Ramkota in Bismarck. I spent the evening prior in the pub drinking myself smart.

That following morning I awoke to the dead cat taste in my mouth, knew I would need to floss, brush, repeat to get rid of the bad taste which I am sure meant bad smell. I opened my overnight bag only to find mrs johnr had removed my tooth paste. So here I am shit breath and hung-over, with no way to freshen my breath.

So I did what I figured would be the next best thing, I squeezed some shampoo onto my tooth brush and started to scrub my teeth, which in about 3 seconds turned into me barfing in the sink. I had no idea this shampoo was going to create the most violent vomit fest I have ever had, but the conundrum was now full fledged and I was stuck with booze breath mixed with morning breath, and now vomit breath.

I sat as close to the back of the meeting room as I could, drinking coffee, and sweating like a whore in church, as the vomit reflex did not dissipate until hours later. I was teased about drinking to much, which I took as it was less embarrassing than admitting I washed my own mouth out with soap.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
After my attempt at fishing today I am all out of swear words. I would have made George Carlin blush. As for everyone else I don't give two shits if you swear.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if the offencive word impied rathe rthan actually typed is it still offensive. As in what is the difference between a tribe of pygmies and a girls track team? One is a bunch of cuning runts.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I worked with a guy that mixed up his toothpaste and bis icy hot one time. I didn't know I could laugh that hard at five in the morning. As for the swearing, it didn't want bother me in the least, as I to am kind of partial to it throughout the day.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked my points and I have more than I know what to do with. Not a lot of swearing in my posts but I'm that bonehead that won't surrender an opinion unless it's wrong so I have pisd off almost everyone here , twice . I'm still good to go :)

Nope as far as respecting your opinion never have had a problem with you Davey

- - - Updated - - -

Please for the love of all that is neat and with cheesy nipples, tell me the bad reps didn't have my name on them. ;:;banghead

Personal attacks to me is worse than swearing, derogatory homophobic accusations to members also gets old I received a bad rep sometime back when I stated that I thought this one member had to sit down to take a number one. The comment read "personal attacks are uncalled for". I immediately changed my original post because the opinion of the bad rep was right. "Cheesy nipples are the bomb"

Last edited:

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. The stuff that really bothers me is when people do at work in a professional setting, when their not just shooting the breeze. As for these forums, if it really bothers someone they know where the ignore button is.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish that were true, but we have those on here who have others on ignore. How big of a pussy do you have to be to do that?

More of a blood pressure issue with me and prevents some swearing.

I'm not an angel and have edited more than a few posts after a re-read. I really need a damn, hell, shi'ite and eff now and again. This isn't a children's site. I haven't found the profanity to be excessive in this place and believe the language police were the beginning of the end of the other place.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope as far as respecting your opinion never have had a problem with you Davey

- - - Updated - - -

Please for the love of all that is neat and with cheesy nipples, tell me the bad reps didn't have my name on them. ;:;banghead

In all fairness,fun,teasing and holding my grounds I don't even know for positive if I have ever lost points to bad rep. I lost 3 points one time but never figured out who, what, when, where, or why I lost them.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose next it will be the scantly clad girls offending someone and we will be asked not to post them. I feel many of us have traveled down this road in a previous life.

If a few words offend you then I say "man up you fucking pussies"

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Preparation H is tasteless and may have positive effect upon swelling caused by gingivitis.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man you guys sure are neat making me laugh and shit all day long reading this thread. But the award for best post in the swearing thread goes to juanr for his epic story of the effects alcohol has on the thought process even as far as the next morning. Kudos to you. And here's to hoping I don't do the same this weekend as I'm best man in a good buddies wedding Saturday in fargay. If I come back and I'm still engaged the weekend will be a success!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
As for the true purpose of this thread I say its half a half b. There are enough nanny sites out there and this site sure doesn't need to be that. This site formed because of one of those sites and the men who make up this site are just that men or shall I say adults ..... well theoretically by their age they are atleast. Some swearing is fine but going on F bomb laden rants daily I would say it gets to be a little much. So my vote was for A but with a dash of B when needed. Now a year from now if you start getting big time sponsors that have an issue with the swearing then it would be a worthwhile time to revisit it. But until then I say stay the course.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
As for the true purpose of this thread I say its half a half b. There are enough nanny sites out there and this site sure doesn't need to be that. This site formed because of one of those sites and the men who make up this site are just that men or shall I say adults ..... well theoretically by their age they are atleast. Some swearing is fine but going on F bomb laden rants daily I would say it gets to be a little much. So my vote was for A but with a dash of B when needed. Now a year from now if you start getting big time sponsors that have an issue with the swearing then it would be a worthwhile time to revisit it. But until then I say stay the course.

I'm not going to change things for a little revenue. Rather have the site flourish as a community.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 5
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1