`/*%$ taxes

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought unemployment was a pretty good gig this year with all the extra $$ they kept adding to it. Luckily I was able to keep my job throughout the pandemic and realize the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I'm assuming I'm just ignorant when it comes to this stuff. They must be taxing the unemployment money at a high % or something?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really think this is B.S. THERE ARE 1000'S of jobs out there for people to work. The first 10,200.00 I make is taxed. Everyone should have to pay there fair share. Just because a person is lazy and dont want to work, why should the working class people have to pay there way.

Well different circumstances during these troubled times times,being furload w/o pay as a non essential employee sucks but these bennies keeps one afloat until our nazi gov calls all clear.Nice to get a break once in awhile,lord knows 55 years of paying taxes and SS tax is draining enough,just hope our SS which they tax us twice for and draw off of is still around for the next several years.

Last edited:

Skullet

Established Member
Normally if you want to discourage something you tax it. Booze, cigarettes, etc.
If you want to encourage something you give a tax break. Retirement savings credit, energy tax credits, etc.

This sure as shit seems like being unemployed is the best occupation a person can have these days.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
got old and no work finally and taxable income drop to 10000 so only 1000 in federal tax.
not sure if i qualify for some kind of welfare but check written out was a lot smaller to the feds than before..
unemployment, can one get if he just quits working?

and thanks to Gore i should of paid nothing.
and life is wonderful for now, and they think i would report my gun gift to my kids. idots.
and it was the fin lander day today with killing the grasshoppers and purple beer may have been fine but old mill was my choice. db

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
here in minnesota best they could do for federal was 10% or so I was told,next year? with luck I'll be fully retired if I can swing living off my SS income,been sucking off my 401k last couple years to stay afloat,time will tell.

New fed law last week don't file yet pm me. Minnesota has one in works too

- - - Updated - - -

Under the new round of government insanity the first 10,200 of unemployment is exempt from tax. If your total income is less than 100k you can figure this new break will reduce your tax bill by 1300 bucks or so.

150k jt

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
50716a-capitol-view-files-2017-04-new-lottery-director.jpg

this guy is the game changer --- will he extend the MN deadline a. and b. will MN get the unemployment law / ppp law passed

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can’t lie, I like the gold suit. That’s pretty damn sharp.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I see the irs pushed back the tax file deadline to may 15th,suspect they/we need some breathing room with changes that are looming.Damn income tax and my real estate tax are due on the same day damit!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Down to the last 2 weeks, call your tax guy and see where you can "spend" some cash to lower your liability to the governments theft of your success.
After the 1st its to late.

Pretty sure I am going to once again be fucked into "paying" my fair share.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well we unemployeed got a little break,later in the tax season the feds gave us collecting unenjoyment a break on $10,200 taxable,this helped a bunch but still on the hook for a few more 1000's....fuck me!

Letter from the state today included a check from me over paying on my tax debt in 2020,guess the state conducted an audit on my 2020 taxes,gotta be a first....was for me,now hoping for the same from the feds. Fired my C.P.A...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well we unemployeed got a little break,later in the tax season the feds gave us collecting unenjoyment a break on $10,200 taxable,this helped a bunch but still on the hook for a few more 1000's....fuck me!

Letter from the state today included a check from me over paying on my tax debt in 2020,guess the state conducted an audit on my 2020 taxes,gotta be a first....was for me,now hoping for the same from the feds. Fired my C.P.A...

Dont fire him yet. Your state passed the law late. They do everything late ------ just like they are taking no action on car jackings.

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Tax Law Changes[/h]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=2]Refunds in Progress for Affected 2020 Minnesota Returns[/h]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We are in the process of adjusting 2020 Minnesota tax returns affected by law changes to the treatment of Unemployment Insurance (UI) compensation and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness. For details, read our September 9 announcement about UI and PPP tax refunds.
We're adjusting more than 540,000 Individual Income Tax returns and issuing refunds to taxpayers affected by the UI and PPP changes. We've finished adjusting and issuing refunds for all 2,200 entity-level corporate returns affected by the PPP changes.
These tax law changes were enacted July 1, 2021, along with other retroactive provisions affecting tax years 2017 to 2020. We have updated Minnesota tax forms and instructions for these years.

[/FONT]

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It will be interesting to see what will happen with the child tax credit stuff. The chickens will come home to roost when people realize that they were not indeed getting free govt. money every month, but were just basically getting a tax advance. It will likely result in people who used to get a large return (and factor that into their annual cash flow) now having a much smaller one and people that typically break even or receive a smaller return having to pay in. In my case, I will need to pay every penny of the $600/month we received back. People that didn't save it are going to get hammered either way and the fact that none of it was explained to people and it was marketed as free govt money means that the optics of this will be a tax increase under Joey B. We shall see. OR maybe I understand it incorrectly. Please line me out if needed.

We shouldn't be talking about taxes this early. My blood pressure is rising and that combined with this holiday diet has my head spinning.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We got $800 each month. I sat on every penny of it and will do so until they take most of it back at tax time.
Yep, some people are gonna get quite a shock at tax return time.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Add to that the property tax bill that just came in the mail. Good bye $3400. You sure would have made a nice down payment on a 4 wheeler for ice fishing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait a minute, those Child Tax Credit checks were given out each month, to the tune of $600-800/month?

Go figure,

Mr. Ineligible

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what will happen with the child tax credit stuff. The chickens will come home to roost when people realize that they were not indeed getting free govt. money every month, but were just basically getting a tax advance. It will likely result in people who used to get a large return (and factor that into their annual cash flow) now having a much smaller one and people that typically break even or receive a smaller return having to pay in. In my case, I will need to pay every penny of the $600/month we received back. People that didn't save it are going to get hammered either way and the fact that none of it was explained to people and it was marketed as free govt money means that the optics of this will be a tax increase under Joey B. We shall see. OR maybe I understand it incorrectly. Please line me out if needed.

We shouldn't be talking about taxes this early. My blood pressure is rising and that combined with this holiday diet has my head spinning.

None of the money from the Government is "free". Someone is always footing the bill and it isn't the Government! :;:exactly

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 181
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57