Things my dog has rolled in

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things my dog has eaten was a hit. Let's see if this can be fun too.

Previous worst was some rotten eggs that fell out of a tree in my back yard. Today while pheasant hunting, a freah pile of cow shit covering his whole back.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
My red healer finds something new to roll in weekly, unfortunately it is unidentified other than the horrible smell but she seems to think she found the newest fragrance of the week and a lot of the time it must be juicy fresh as her coat is crusty and a lot of times sticky and I always reach down to pet her and wind up with a handful of???????.;:;barf
Oh the joys of livin in the country.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A half rotten slurry of deer brains and other items from a skull that my Dad thought was OK to dump out in the yard. We won't be doing THAT anymore!!!!

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
as stated already. fresh cow shit, and a rotting carcass of a unknown animal.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy that pumped our septic a few years ago managed to somehow spray it all over our grass, and of course failed to mention it to us.
So yeah the dog had a great time rolling in that mess. It really was a shitty deal.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, how could I have forgotten this little gem........My own E-dump.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
But in most cases they are going to smell worse/stronger than before...or don't they think it thru that carefully? :)

Yes, but it doesn't smell like dog. It's a cover scent to them.

The worst any dog of mine has ever rolled in was a pile of human shit. This was years ago while camping up at the confluence on an island. Friends lab came back to the fire covered in shit and I was stupid enough to say something to the effect of "sure glad my GSP isn't that effing dumb". About 5 minutes later he came back covered in it as well.

I couldn't thank Ivana enough for scrubbing down BOTH dogs in that 40'ish degree Missouri River water. She's a saint!

- - - Updated - - -

Most recently, the dog has come home with fresh pooh all over him from the neighbor's ass.

That would be donkey to those unfamiliar with the critter.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
First, I'd like to thank Meelosh for originating "things my dog..." version 2.0

My dog hearts deer shit. Every. Damn.Time. Hard to be mad because between rolling in or eating deer shit she finds and flushes pheasants.

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I had my beagle, took him fishing with me....he managed to find every dead pike people discarded in the woods below the dam at darling.....My GSP loves to roll in deer/rabbit poop. Found this out the other day when I took him out in a field for the first time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51