Through the ice

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard about an hour ago a vehicle went through on audabon. Fire and rescue and ambulance was dispatched to the scene. Wife heard it over the scanner at the hospital in Garrison. Haven't heard any info yet though.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting.... Would have to assume someone at the vary least went for a swim. Hope it's not worse then that and really hope it's not involving any kids.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad day to deal with water in any way the meat market in town is burning right now I can't imagine what the fire fighters are dealing with right now

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was just talking with a friend about this the other day. You better have your poop in a group if you get wet with -30 to -50 wind chills, as your not going to last very long in wet cloths. Hope whoever fell in is ok.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a pic of a suburban that went through the ice down here on ponsiet

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove across the embankment about 6:45 last night and didn't notice any odd activity on the lake, not that that means a whole lot...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy said he saw a write up on it but I'm not sure where. Didn't say what all happened just that no one was killed.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
The black spot you see is the top of a pickup cab out on Lake Audubon. Even though we've had extremely cold temps ice thickness is still not uniform. It doesn't hurt to get out and drill and save yourself the misery of ice extraction and a lost pickup or the possibility of a lost life. This was taken south of the cabin boat ramp and was reported to have been open water just a week ago. Reportedly all passengers made it out safely.

image.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad day to deal with water in any way the meat market in town is burning right now I can't imagine what the fire fighters are dealing with right now

Drove through at 10:30 last night. It didn't look like they were putting any water on it, just containing it. Sucks, West Side Meats sold the best steaks around.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO Lake Audubon has always had trouble --- back in the 80s -- when we actually had a sun on the ice all the time --- lots of issues.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove through at 10:30 last night. It didn't look like they were putting any water on it, just containing it. Sucks, West Side Meats sold the best steaks around.

Ya by that time I think it was pretty much down for a while they were worried it was going to fall on Lucky's. I will miss those rib eyes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 38