Tires Recommendation ?

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I pay close attention to overall tire weight as well as tread depth when trying to make a decision. Tread depth is pretty self-explanatory. Overall weight adds/subtracts mileage is a good measure of adding/subtracting Fuel mileage and “power”. A heavier tire robs power and mileage.

If a person has to worry about 3 to 5% mileage lose going with a little heavier tire maybe they shouldn't drive that vehicle. It could add up to maybe 300.00 over the life of the tire. Take in consideration the tire wear from new to time to replace and it may only be about 200.00.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If a person has to worry about 3 to 5% mileage lose going with a little heavier tire maybe they shouldn't drive that vehicle.

Maybe someone puts on a ton of "road-miles" for work. Maybe they have 2 sets of wheels/tires, I do for my work car, pickup, and wife's car. I want a "Mileage Tire", long life and higher MPG for spring summer and early fall as nearly all of my driving is on pavement that time of year. I want better traction and puncture resistance late fall through early spring when I'll be spending more time on gravel or off-road altogether.

I just stated what I look at when considering tires, you go ahead and consider whatever you want, or nothing at all.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've run nothing but at/kos on my vehicles for at least 10-12 years now. 1/2 tons and suvs. nothing but good things to say about them. in 16 inch, they should come in 10 ply.

x2 on 3 rigs... never let me down or left me in the ditch...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 40
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15