Trolling Motor Batteries

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota customer service is terrible, there's good reason why scheels went from Dakota to Amped.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
depends on how often you fish. I am a 3 day weekend warrior; by the end of the week the days will get shorter. So lead works for me.

It seems like no one works anymore -- yet the ramps are fairly empty end of july - Nov.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used Interstate and other quality lead acid batteries for years with an average price tag of around $300 for a pair of 12V batteries. I average about five years on a set. It would seem the Dakota Lithium are $989 for a single 24V battery.

Can I get 15 years of service out of that lithium battery? If so, I might consider it, but the numbers just don't seem to work from my perspective.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Haven't heard anything positive about Dakota in a long time. On my first year with an amped lithium battery. Time will tell if it was worth it. Lots of lithium options these days if you go the lithium route

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have used AGM batteries for twenty years. Retired the first one after 15 years. I do not fish tournys and do not go out every weekend. If your batteries are up front and take a pounding I would recommend giving this type a look. 15 year old was an optima blue top. No acid leaks as they are sealed units.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have used AGM batteries for twenty years. Retired the first one after 15 years. I do not fish tournys and do not go out every weekend. If your batteries are up front and take a pounding I would recommend giving this type a look. 15 year old was an optima blue top. No acid leaks as they are sealed units.
I agree with this..X2 at batteries plus are my go to AGM. They are made by Northstar.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Interstate. Charge any lead acid battery as soon as possible every trip.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
CAT batteries for the last 4 years, don't even take them out in the winter. Trickle charge through the cold season, and they still are kicking.

Old school for me, 5 years or more at a whack seems like money spent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88