UPS in Bismarck

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered two items from Dick's Sporting Goods on-line that were not available in store here in Bismarck. UPS shipment started out in Casper Wyoming, scanned in Sheridan, then Billings, then Glendive. Then it got stopped by the blizzard, went back to Billings and then the next scan was in Fargo. Spent 2 days in Fargo then got scanned in Bismarck a few days ago. Two days later I find out it had been turned over to US Postal Service which then took two more days until it hit my porch two hours ago. I did contact Dick's customer on-line chat line 2 days ago and never received a response to why my package had not yet been delivered. Have already responded to a customer service survey and rated their service as low as I could. Did have several orders from Cabela's that were made after my order from Dick's and for some reason they all arrived earlier. It's a good thing that there are still 11 days until Christmas. Maybe some of those gifts we have ordered will still get here in time!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody physically go into local stores to buy items anymore? Serious question. Some of this backlog has got to do with an enormous % of more and more people buying online, thus bogging down the delivery systems dependent on having enough staff to deliver the goods, which in a state such as ours, has way more jobs available than people to fill them. Well..some NEED to get to work..but that is another thread.;:;popcorn

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say 90% of our non food items are ordered online. All baby stuff, clothes, cleaning stuff, sporting goods, pretty much everything comes from amazon. Way cheaper and less stressful than running into town and dicking around with people that cant drive or park. the all the impulse buys. hell even gas to get to town and back. f it. amazon delivers in 2 days

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
UPS guy was just here. Making deliveries in an UHaul truck. He was not even a local guy, said they called him in from Omaha and he will be here until they are caught up. The back log was obviously from the weather but he said it was really just the two days they couldn't make deliveries that set them back so bad.

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend delivers for them in Bis. Said you could not imagine the amount of protest camp packages they were receiving from around the world last week. I'm sure that had to be part of the problem.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sincerely try to shop local. I make a living off of the locals, they are going to make a living off of me in return.

I have ordered things online, I have shopped in other cities, etc. so I am not saying I follow this 100%, but make a very conscious effort to.

I know I will not be getting anything in return from Amazon when I am looking for my next customer. Also if we don't support the local guy and he closes shop, who is going to have the items we need when we need them right now, and not next week.

I buy my gas and bait at the local camp grounds often too. Otherwise when I really need them, they wont be there.

Believe it or not I have had, several times, a call to my office with specific questions from people that were not my clients, but could not get help from the internet company they purchased their goods from. I always help when I can, but... really there is your first effn clue to maybe pull your head out and shop local.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Half the shit I order online the Minot Scheels would have to order and it would take 2 weeks to get and pay way more. They force to shop online. If I lived in Bismarck again it would be different.

Shadrap65

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered from Cabela's on 1208 and package arrived in Bismarck on 1213 and delivered on 1214 by UPS. I must be on their nice list.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
At work we ship all over the country, every day. And one of our warehouse guys moonlights at UPS. They are BEEEEE-HINNNDD.

It's getting sorted out, but if your tracking info states "UPS SurePost", that means that it's going to eventually come in the USPS. Postal Service. That's right, the Postal Service is actually taking some of the deliveries for UPS. Magic, I guess.

SOME?? The last stand up talk we had, our mgmt told us we (USPS) are now delivering over half the parcels for UPS AND FedEX. You heard that right. THe USPS is now delivering more parcels for UPS and FedEx than they do for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I know most of the FedEx guys in my communities, bunch of good guys. I am sure UPS has a bunch of good guys too.
I had the UPS truck stuck in front of my house a week back, offered to help him out with a quick yank on the tow rope, he declined as their policy would not allow it. Moments later a huge wrecker pulled up and pulled him 8 inches out of the little snow drift he was stuck in, sure it cost them a few $$$. What a stupid rule.

Liability; same with the USPS. we are not allowed to let u help us hurt your back or break something!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that they have a butt load of packages for the standing rock shit show and is sitting in Bismarck and that is adding to the problem..

#youheardright

- - - Updated - - -

They have been doing this in rural areas for quite awhile now.

And in the big cities (of ND that is)!!

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered two items from Dick's Sporting Goods on-line that were not available in store here in Bismarck. UPS shipment started out in Casper Wyoming, scanned in Sheridan, then Billings, then Glendive. Then it got stopped by the blizzard, went back to Billings and then the next scan was in Fargo. Spent 2 days in Fargo then got scanned in Bismarck a few days ago. Two days later I find out it had been turned over to US Postal Service which then took two more days until it hit my porch two hours ago. I did contact Dick's customer on-line chat line 2 days ago and never received a response to why my package had not yet been delivered. Have already responded to a customer service survey and rated their service as low as I could. Did have several orders from Cabela's that were made after my order from Dick's and for some reason they all arrived earlier. It's a good thing that there are still 11 days until Christmas. Maybe some of those gifts we have ordered will still get here in time!

I think this is what the USPS considers the "last mile" of delivery. UPS and FedEX will initiate/get shipments with companies and then hand it off to the USPS for what we call last mile delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

My friend delivers for them in Bis. Said you could not imagine the amount of protest camp packages they were receiving from around the world last week. I'm sure that had to be part of the problem.

USPS had the same problem...

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody physically go into local stores to buy items anymore? Serious question. Some of this backlog has got to do with an enormous % of more and more people buying online, thus bogging down the delivery systems dependent on having enough staff to deliver the goods, which in a state such as ours, has way more jobs available than people to fill them. Well..some NEED to get to work..but that is another thread.;:;popcorn
I am sure you are right about everything being bought online and needed to be shipped, but that has been going on for a while now its not like just in the last week everybody started shopping online, and its only going to more and more packages shipped.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today is supposed to be delivery day! Two orders. UPS order from December 2nd and a Fedex order from Monday. ;:;banghead

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems that my package is on schedule, should be delivered by end of day. As for why people not shopping local? 1) During the holiday, its a shit show 2) Around here they don't have what your looking for 3) Its usually cheaper online 4) Don't have drive all over hell looking to see if a store has what your looking for.

I, too, try shop local, but man, if you can get something for $20 cheaper, shipped to the door and don't mind the wait, its win for me.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
blu ray player was in bismarck last night scheduled for delivery around 8 p.m. Never showed up. Email update today; it's in vermillion, sd this morning.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
John R makes some good points about shopping local but it's just so damn convenient to shop online. I hate shopping to begin with. This way I can sit on my ass saving gas and time and it will most likely cost less.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is smoking dope you damn hippy skater.

Why fly a kite when you can just pop a pill

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had extremely good luck with UPS from Cabelas….any place else it seems like it takes forever and is usually turn over to the USPS…tracked a recent package (not cabelas) was in town on the day it was supposed to be delivered then got rescheduled for 2 days later and was delivered by USPS…

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
blu ray player was in bismarck last night scheduled for delivery around 8 p.m. Never showed up. Email update today; it's in vermillion, sd this morning.

That my boy, is from someone that works there ain't doing their damn job and paying attention, in no way, should have it gone back out the door when its already at its destination city, just utterly amazing that some people can't even do their job..smh.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 141
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51