Venison Tiger Meat

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody every tried making tiger meat with venison? I did last night. Turned out really good. Raw venison by itself is much better tasting than cooking it.

I'll let you know tomorrow if I spend the night in the bathroom or ER.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id try it, but id freeze it first, otherwise your guts might end up looking like that North Korean soldier.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of it, never crossed my mind to eat raw meat. kind of funny the article says it is popular in the Dakotas?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you guys saying you've never heard of or seen tiger meat period?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
3Be Meats in Bismarck has the second best tigermeat (in my opinion) and Butcher Block has the third. Butcher Block puts a lot of ground pepper in theirs. Aberdeens is the best I think. Aberdeen is a little far for me to go to get but I make sure to grab a couple lbs when I go through.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really need to wack a deer with my bow now. I’ve never had tiger meat made out of venison but I’m going to try it now.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
That response surprises me lycan (from some of your past topics)!

Yeah, I like tiger meat, dont make it often but had it frequently as a kid. Just figured Id search it and according to what I found, theres no real SAFE way to eat it. Im guessing irradiation would work, but not many people have those handy @ home....

Let me know if thats wrong, I didnt do a lot of reading.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
3Be Meats in Bismarck has the second best tigermeat (in my opinion) and Butcher Block has the third. Butcher Block puts a lot of ground pepper in theirs. Aberdeens is the best I think. Aberdeen is a little far for me to go to get but I make sure to grab a couple lbs when I go through.

Kessler's ships tons of it around the country. My brother got some out in North Carolina and the people thought he was insane till they tried it. I am in Aberdeen today I will have to stop and get some now I think about it

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I like tiger meat, dont make it often but had it frequently as a kid. Just figured Id search it and according to what I found, theres no real SAFE way to eat it. Im guessing irradiation would work, but not many people have those handy @ home....

Let me know if thats wrong, I didnt do a lot of reading.

You're right. It can be unsafe. But it tastes so good so I'll eat it until I get sick.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you guys saying you've never heard of or seen tiger meat period?

Heard of it but didn't take the time to learn about it till today. Sweedish meatballs and lutefisk were the only delicacy in our household when I was growing up .

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ate a lot of tiger meat in college. Take a class in parasitology and it doesn't taste that good anymore. I dissected a mink once that didn't look good. His kidneys were hollow except for a couple of big worms in each kidney. At one time they looked at my liver with ultrasound and there was two large voids. Over the years it's filled in so I guess I am ok.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that DW is the best. Can't quit that stuff once I start.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the boss bring some from the grocery in Killdeer to a work site, midafternoon on a fairly warm day.. I declined while my co-worker had a few crackers with some on them.. We had to rig up which is quite a bit of busting ass. He puked, I didn't. Every time I think about trying some I think of him hurling as he was working.

- - - Updated - - -

the F&S stream recipe calls for sirloin, then grind after mixing.... I always thought it was with burger. I think steak would be safer than burger? What do you all use?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33