Walleye cheeks could be OFF the menu.....

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand what you are doing by "overcooking" the strip so you can eat it with the bones in. But I'm for discarding the lateral line on most all fish as that seems to be where the "fishy" taste comes from. And that strip is part of the lateral line; no thanks. BUT we do like to overcook the ''wings" because the ends of the fins turn out like potatoe chips; crispy. Crappie tails; crispy chips!! Other panfish as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep and eat the bellies of salmon?? Are you aware of the mercury in the air that falls to the lakes from the coal fired plants? Mercury is a heavy metal that collects in the bellies of fish. The bigger/older the fish the more mercury. Please don't feed the bellies of any fish to your children. Adults can handle the mercury better/have less time to live than the children. The bigger the fish the more belly I leave for the grinder in my opinion. I've read all about it, just my opinion.

Are you being serious?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this explains alot haha

mercury-emissions-by-state-image.jpg

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
You keep and eat the bellies of salmon?? Are you aware of the mercury in the air that falls to the lakes from the coal fired plants? Mercury is a heavy metal that collects in the bellies of fish. The bigger/older the fish the more mercury. Please don't feed the bellies of any fish to your children. Adults can handle the mercury better/have less time to live than the children. The bigger the fish the more belly I leave for the grinder in my opinion. I've read all about it, just my opinion.

The residence time is about 1-2 years in the atmosphere before its oxidized and brought down to the surface. Therefore, its likely international power plants in china and korea and gold mining operations contributing to our mercury levels - just like CO2 its a global thing....

Eat more Brazil nuts and Bread and you'll be fine.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like I am going to have to figure out how to fillet my walleye in one large fillet. If two fillets = 1 fish wouldn't 2 large fillets = 1 fish #$%^&>

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84