washing my ball cap

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had little luck with the dishwasher method, doesn't seem to get the stains out.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had little luck with the dishwasher method, doesn't seem to get the stains out.

need to be careful with dishwasher and some laundry detergents as they have bleach in them and could ruin the cap...best method plain old dish soap and hand scrub...

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dawn dish soap and hand wash. Then wear it dry. It takes about 3 minutes to do. All I did was get a bucket or warm soapy water, dunk cap, scrub the inside sweat ring, any noticeable dirty spots, and underside of the bill with my fingers a little bit and then rinse in warm water. Repeat as needed. That's how I washed my military caps and it worked real well for 25 years.
Yup. Same here

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ummm....have your wife do it for you? I don't know how anything in my house gets clean, it just does! I also don't know where anything is....."Honey, where is the (fill in the blank)?"

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do a mass washing once a year. I usually wear a hat for about 3 weeks. Then retire it till it gets cleaned. I also wash mine in the sink.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like Sweeney said Barbasol works well. I also have luck using a dawn dish soap soak overnight then wear till dry.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
#dirtybikerstainsareimpossibletoremove
#sogross

Tis true.

Mrs johnr and I were watching our sons ballgame last night, the breeze had her hair blowing into her face, so as a true gentleman I offered up my hat to help hold her hair out of her face, she had no problem wearing my stained hat, so I would think if a hot mamma can handle it, you should be able to.

#skatersaresopicky
#stinkhatsareforreal

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am headed to our camp site in the Killdeer Mtns tomorrow juanr. When the tingle runs up your pant leg you will know I have entered western ND.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am headed to our camp site in the Killdeer Mtns tomorrow juanr. When the tingle runs up your pant leg you will know I have entered western ND.

There is a toy run/ bike run starting at 11 am in Belfield, mrs johnr will not be joining me, iffn you would like to ride bitch tomorrow send me a pm..

That would make my leg tingle..haha

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hand wash with fingernail brush and several cleaners to include a mixture of simple green, oxiclean and tech stain remover. Spray directly onto the sweaty spots, use brush, go over it well. let soak in small tub with water/cleaner mixture. Rinse, try it on, shape it, fit it then hang from the showerhead to dry.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 203
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58