What is the biggest Walleye you have ever caught?

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
30.5 inches. Just shy of 9 pounds. Caught this morning south of Bismarck.

Founding Member
Founding Member
When a 32" golden rule just wont cut it.

golden rule 34 16 lb.jpg
Buddy caught her last night.
34" 16 lbs great fish!

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an update since post #76. I got, back to back 10+lb eyes at LOW in Sept. I wacked a 29 1/4" that was prob pushing 11 and 25 minutes later a 29 1/2" that was prob a bit over 10. Didn't put either on a scale just got length and let them go.

IMG_8429.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When a 32" golden rule just wont cut it.

image.jpg
Buddy caught her last night.
34" 16 lbs great fish!

OK I will ask, is this picture for real and if so where was the fish caught. Does anyone know the inside story on this fish, if it was a ND fish that would be awesome.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes its for real and no it wasn't caught in ND.

golden rule 16.jpg

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
image2.jpg

8.61 pounds caught this passed spring while bass fishing. Also caught a 6.75 on the same day. I've probably caught about 50 walleyes in my life but a large chunk of them have been between 4-6 pounds. Sure wish I had that kind of trophy scenario in with my bass fishing.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught one on Devils Lake a few years back out of the "Blood Hole" in Pelican Lake. Pre-spawn female that was just under 32". I didn't weigh her, just did the 'ol damn thats big BS and flipped it back. I had just picked up a couple of fish from the taxidermist that were so hideous looking that I swore Id never mount another one again. I really wish I'd have taken the time to get some better measurements on her. Anyone have a taxidermist that does top notch work on fish? I've seen very few that are like - wow - that looks good. Many are decent, but the ones I've gotten done have been so-so at best.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught one on Devils Lake a few years back out of the "Blood Hole" in Pelican Lake. Pre-spawn female that was just under 32". I didn't weigh her, just did the 'ol damn thats big BS and flipped it back. I had just picked up a couple of fish from the taxidermist that were so hideous looking that I swore Id never mount another one again. I really wish I'd have taken the time to get some better measurements on her. Anyone have a taxidermist that does top notch work on fish? I've seen very few that are like - wow - that looks good. Many are decent, but the ones I've gotten done have been so-so at best.

I had mine done by a guy out of Memoken- he's been doing it for 40+ years. It was a few years back, so I'm not sure if he still does it anymore, but his business is Trails End taxidermy. He did my walleye mount above.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had mine done by a guy out of Memoken- he's been doing it for 40+ years. It was a few years back, so I'm not sure if he still does it anymore, but his business is Trails End taxidermy. He did my walleye mount above.
Wes only does fish and upland birds now, I've got a 26"@9# and a 30 1/2"@10 1/2# that he did a couple years back that are alright BUT my 9 1/2# rainbow and 11 1/2# brown that he did for are horrible, been thinking of getting replicas done for them cause the forms are not right-too skinny, didn't take the time to do it properly, the brown trout has WAY too much brown on it, it was a beautiful, mostly silver color, gave him pics and it was nothing like the color of the fish. I personally won't take another to trails end

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wes only does fish and upland birds now, I've got a 26"@9# and a 30 1/2"@10 1/2# that he did a couple years back that are alright BUT my 9 1/2# rainbow and 11 1/2# brown that he did for are horrible, been thinking of getting replicas done for them cause the forms are not right-too skinny, didn't take the time to do it properly, the brown trout has WAY too much brown on it, it was a beautiful, mostly silver color, gave him pics and it was nothing like the color of the fish. I personally won't take another to trails end

Yeah, I'd be pissed too. I guess I've only had the one walleye done there and he did a good job on it, so that's all I can speak to. How long ago was that? Makes me skeptical if going back if his product has been subpar...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33