where did fall go???

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
what a crappy fall so far... can't remember a year when we have been this cold and had this much moisture this early - regular highs for right now are mid 60's... we won't even sniff mid 40's for the next 15 days if the pros are right...

the boat is ready - i'm on days off - and i'm pist... ;:;banghead;;;;;;;

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has happened many times . 2 weeks ago I was fishing in shorts . Relax . It'll get decent out again . You must be a farmer . Ohhhh it's never been like this before ........ hey did my subsidy check come yet ? Gotta go to Arizona ya know

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just came home to about an inch of white stuff here in VC, so I'd say fall went south for the winter.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has happened many times . 2 weeks ago I was fishing in shorts . Relax . It'll get decent out again . You must be a farmer . Ohhhh it's never been like this before ........ hey did my subsidy check come yet ? Gotta go to Arizona ya know

just...

wow...

no, not a farmer...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It averages out in the end . I've golfed on New Year's day North Dakota And I've saw snow on October 6th that stayed till the next spring. I liked the golf game, Trying to drill wells in knee deep snow , Not so much so It could be worse. Snow on December 22nd and 16'' of good ice would be a treat year in and year out.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do u hunt all your own land? Asking for a farmer friend..

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sure didn't want this to start the first part of Oct. I'am not a farmer but I see a lot money out there getting wet right now, suppose to get the soy beans off it's either got to dry up fast or maybe freeze good so the combines don't get stuck, some still have wheat to get off.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blame it on Kurt he wanted cold weather. It looks like rest of October and November cold and wet then warming in December to screw up ice fishing. Stormy next summer to fill up dl. Sak to lower.

- - - Updated - - -

10-1-sst-768x635.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This temps have been about perfect the rain will make duck hunting excellent. Stalking deer has been way better with non crunchy and harder to get places for people . Fall fishing is over rated anyway. I think we are going to have a shit load of ducks if there is ice meh I would rather chase yotes

- - - Updated - - -

Bugs are dead

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got screwed out of our nice spring weather too. Right from winter into the 80's for highs.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
what a crappy fall so far... can't remember a year when we have been this cold and had this much moisture this early - regular highs for right now are mid 60's... we won't even sniff mid 40's for the next 15 days if the pros are right...

the boat is ready - i'm on days off - and i'm pist... ;:;banghead;;;;;;;

Exactly raider...throw in the fact we were ice fishing last year on 10 November and had fishable ice through the very end of April...and it all adds up to fewer days in the boat on soft water! Tell you what tho...I'm taking the boat out tomorrow...35 to 40 degrees and very light winds...sign me up!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure didn't want this to start the first part of Oct. I'am not a farmer but I see a lot money out there getting wet right now, suppose to get the soy beans off it's either got to dry up fast or maybe freeze good so the combines don't get stuck, some still have wheat to get off.

wheat???? Why??

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
8 or 10 days of icky to harden us up. Then Indian summer for 2 weeks before deer season, then right temps to let them hang in garage after the big kill. Think ++++++++++++ not -----------------. Keep the faith brothers.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly raider...throw in the fact we were ice fishing last year on 10 November and had fishable ice through the very end of April...and it all adds up to fewer days in the boat on soft water! Tell you what tho...I'm taking the boat out tomorrow...35 to 40 degrees and very light winds...sign me up!

I'm with you on this one. I've been looking forward to Oct and the fall bite all year. Saved my vacation specifically to go fishing on Sak next week. I want to go tomorrow as well, just nervous the roads will be icy in the morning and hauling a trailer in that doesn't sound fun. Next weeks weather looks miserable as well. Ugh!!! Then of course when it warms up in two weeks, I have to be out of state for a week. Thank you mother nature!!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm planning on taking No. 1 son out Sunday for duck hunting on a little bay by some bigger water. That AM looks pleasant, albeit cold. I'll take that over this sloppy crap.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is doing a great job of replenishing soil moisture that crops and trees used during the heat of the summer. Plus, it's not like we are burning the state down this year, remember all those years where we had significant fire concerns throughout the hunting seasons? Yeah, that's not so much of a problem now, and doesn't have much chance of being a problem for a couple of weeks, at least.

Just saying, it ain't all bad.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^ Agree with the moisture factor Allen...but man these temps a little surprising...even for us in ND...no?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of the temps...H82's post above got me thinking...boat ramp ice issue? Kitty litter best thing to sprinkle on the ramp before backing down...is that the general consensus? If so, gotta pick some up tonight...don't want the truck sliding into the lake tomorrow morning!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4