Where were you born?

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Born in Cheyenne Wells, CO closest hospital to the farm in Kansas, my dad was born in 1935 in a sod house in Greeley County in western Kansas during a dirt storm.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grew up in Mott but born in the Elgin hospital. Mott has an interesting history but I'm too old to remember it. Now pretty much the only thing Mott has is pheasants. As with many small towns, Mott has survived but not aged well.

There are no pheasants in Mott, look in Heron SD, they are all over there now.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mother was born on the farm by Walcott ND in 1916. Weighed 3 lb. Said her first crib was a shoe box. Lived a long good life, just short of 90. When you were born strong you stayed strong.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elgin was platted in 1910 when the railroad was extended to that point. The name Elgin was said to be inspired by a citizen's Elgin pocket watch. A post office has been in operation at Elgin since 1910.
On July 4, 1978 an F4 tornado struck Elgin, causing 5 deaths and 35 injuries.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Born at St. A's in Bismarck and spent the first three years of my life in Mandan where apparently I nearly drove my poor mother insane by regularly disappearing from the front yard when she went in the house to check on my younger brother. She said she ended up finding me at the local police station a couple of times because I would follow someone down the street when they walked by and couldn't tell them where I lived. These days a two/three year old who did that would likely end up buried in a shallow grave a hundred miles away and the mother would be accused of child abuse. Different times. Parents moved home to Napoleon when I was three and I grew up on a farm there. Oh by the way, my mothers solution to my roaming was to buy a dog harness for me and clipping it to the clothes line so I could run back and forth the length of the line but couldn't get out of the yard. Arf, Arf! :)

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was born in Mt. Pleasant, MI, but never lived there. I was raised in Clare, MI, which is named after County Clare, Ireland. Joined the Air Force after high school, eventually coming to Minot in '98. Been here longer than anywhere else in my life, so I guess I'll call it home.

Motor Mouse

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are no pheasants in Mott, look in Heron SD, they are all over there now.:)

Yup no pheasants in Mott I suggest everyone head to Heron or eve Huron.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cleveland, Ohio. OK I know why did you move here... Oh Yeah the mistake on the Lake etc etc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4