Words of Wisdom

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I learned years ago but didn't heed very well and, still srtuggle with but am getting better at is attitude. Wake up each morning and literally step out of bed and tell yourself "It's going to be a great day...I'm alive!" I find when I do this I feel a little better, less stress and am nicer to others. I'm definitely not great yet with this but better. Life is short we need to take note of all the small things in life and just be happier. I have found when I have a better attitude, better things come my way.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two things that they teach you, during recovery.

1) You can start you day over anytime you want - reset it (call it whatever you want) at any time during the day.

2) You can bitch and moan, point fingers, cry about the other guy etc. The only person you can control is yourself. Try it sometime.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You make your own luck, and the harder/smarter you work, the "luckier" you get.

It takes a lot less time to do a job right than it does to rush/half-ass and do it multiple times.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Roll with the punches and pray.

Im gonna be honest. This seems like horrible advice

- - - Updated - - -

You make your own luck, and the harder/smarter you work, the "luckier" you get.

It takes a lot less time to do a job right than it does to rush/half-ass and do it multiple times.

Dont half-Ass two things, whole-Ass one thing

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boys have said more than once that responsibility was probably the best thing they ever learned growing up on the farm. I had a proud grandpa moment when we were babysitting grandkids and my 4 year old grandson pulled the vacuum cleaner out of the closet and unwrapped the cord and plugged it in and vacuumed a large area, I found out it's one of his favorite things to help with.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the fire can't touch the meat, you're baking not grilling.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always told my kids. "Think before you do!" Which means BEFORE you make a decision on anything, think about all the ramifications/consequences/costs/benefits/and possible outcomes of said decision. They've come to hate it, but the oldest has come to understand it's merits better than the youngest.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always remember that where you are....is where you're at.
And...a man with hand in pocket...feel very cocky

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always told my kids. "Think before you do!" Which means BEFORE you make a decision on anything, think about all the ramifications/consequences/costs/benefits/and possible outcomes of said decision. They've come to hate it, but the oldest has come to understand it's merits better than the youngest.

That sounds like a recipe for contracting “Analysis Paralysis.”

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I second the time spent with family/kids. My daughter is a freshman in college and my son is a 10th grader...what I wouldn't give to go back when they still wanted to hold your hand on a walk or put them up on your shoulders... I remember taking both of them ice fishing when their legs were to short to reach the ice sitting on a bucket. We spent more time "exploring" than fishing but boy do I miss it.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." I'm not a super religious person, and I have done my fair share of things I'm not proud of so I have no right to judge someone else. I try to get my kids to follow this when they start talking about what so and so did. I always tell them that you don't know the situation they are in. Everyone is battling something that most of us have no clue about, and to try to keep that in mind. I also try to tell them that there are only two things they can control. Their attitude and their effort. What kind of attitude they approach something with and how they go about handling it will determine the outcome.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Missing out on kids stuff usually gets me worried, especially in the winter. I spend so much damn time in the paint booth that I know I'm going to regret missing something. I've made it a point to sacrifice myself, painting late at night or after hes gone to bed, instead of times hes up and ready to party.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Live well within your means so a hiccup doesn’t doesn’t mean disaster. Listen more than you speak. Too bad youth is wasted on the young.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88