WTF is wrong with kids these days

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Expectations. That is all that we ever used raising our kids. I think both of mine seen how hard we worked and how we never took things for granted or treated other people with no respect. It is that easy to raise kids.

I remember in the 70s 80s when I grew up hazing; nobody did this (what this article is accusing). The duct tape pull shorts down tie up and put the guy on gym floor before lunch. I never participated nor was I picked on. It was a mob or herd mentality influenced by peers. Similar to what a person seen on the videos of the eagles fans against the Vikings fans; for that matter I see it on here. Insecurity is a big part of that type of action. I can't say I was never influenced by peers but I had a mind of my own and the hole in the needle is really small not to many souls are allowed through Imo I might not make it but I either but that doesn't mean I don't try. My kids grew up like us lacking the need to join the mob.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well from reading this thread I was hoping some of my views would change....but they haven't. All I see is that hazing is and will always be a part of growing up. But the problem is if you taped a guy to the flagpole and your parents found out what was the punishment. A couple of spankings with the belt, grounded for a month, lose the use of your car. Sexually assault a underclassmen as a joke. What should that punishment be. And I'm not talking about what the law or society is going to do. What would you do as parents? We all sound like we would have no problems it's other people's kids. But I read through these posts and you can tell who is active in their kids lives. And this is not saying that none of you don't love and care for your kids. We all do. My point is (as the saying goes) spare the rod, spoil the child.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife and I had dinner at Mexican Village while in Fargo last week. Noticed a young Family setting in a booth and Mom and Dad and the two 8 to 10 year olds were all locked into their smart phones and eating without seeing their food. Mom would feed a French Fry to the 3 year old once in while. Hardly a word spoken the whole time they were there. How were these kids to learn social skills when there is no socializing even in what should be a family setting. Best I seen, and it was at the same eatery was when Grand Pa went around a large family and collected all the phones in his hat and told everybody they could have them back when they were done.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Achuck add to your point the earlier the better. Instill the expectation right away. In canine language when the first hole in the dogtra fits don't turn to Nick push the correction button

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is pretty disturbing. As a newer parent (boys are 1.5yr and 1.5 months old) things like this are very disturbing.

Baffling too. I guess I really don't understand how this "hazing" or "game" is fun for the older kids? Raping younger boys was NEVER in the conversation as a fun thing to do when I was growing up. Never crossed our minds. Never would have either. Probably the way we were raised, like most of you have stated. Theres just some things you just don't do.

If they ever reach a conclusion with this, even though the older boys might be minors, I hope the names of the rapists get leaked to the public. The shame that it would (or should bring) to the parents would be good punishment.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I had dinner at Mexican Village while in Fargo last week. Noticed a young Family setting in a booth and Mom and Dad and the two 8 to 10 year olds were all locked into their smart phones and eating without seeing their food. Mom would feed a French Fry to the 3 year old once in while. Hardly a word spoken the whole time they were there. How were these kids to learn social skills when there is no socializing even in what should be a family setting. Best I seen, and it was at the same eatery was when Grand Pa went around a large family and collected all the phones in his hat and told everybody they could have them back when they were done.

This ^^^^
Was at a local watering hole a couple months back to watch a game on the TV..don't remember what game...doesn't matter. A table of 4 young adults was sitting fairly close to us...pretty much nary a word was spoken by the group for like an hour..each was pretty much more interested in their cell phones than watching the game or keeping company with the persons PRESENT! Was interesting to watch to say the least.
Another time I was in Fargo on business and was at a local establishment for a bite of supper. No seating was available so I bellied up to the bar for a beer and ordered my food. Not far from me, a young couple were also belly up having a drink and waiting for their food as well. From what I could hear from their conversations, I surmised it was probably a first date. But..the young gentleman was like on his phone, texting and whatnot, frequently, alot... I'd look over in that direction and she clearly seemed annoyed. I should have gone over there and told the guy to pay attention to his date!! She was a pretty young thing. Something tells me he isn't/wasn't going to get a 2nd date with the young lady.
Guys AND gals....put your damn phones in your back pocket /purse when you are with REAL LIVE and IN PERSON PEOPLE! Look at your damn phone later!
Rant over;:;rant

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, they cancelled the boys basketball season now.

I do feel sorry for the kids that were victims or weren't involved taht were affected.

I don't buy the lack of Dad argument. Most of the worst kids I've encountered then and now have both parents
(who will fully support them and defend them no matter the facts). Same kids and parents are
at Church every Sunday too and everyone thinks their great.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
uh yeah... when we "old timers" say it's a spiritual issue we are talking what takes place in the heart and a relationship with Him - not showing up at a building for an hour a week

- to throw truly faithful people under the bus isn't helpful

- there are always going to be hypocrites in every church - and they are often the peacocks who use their attendance as a showpiece or social hall pass

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jay,

I do not beleive it is ok for any object to be stuck up anyone's ass. I think you may have misunderstood my comment.

Good. I'm sorry to insinuate.

I have girls though, and I don't want anything to happen to them either.

I just thought maybe you thought the homosexual part was taboo, but anything else is "just kids being kids".

Moving on...

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, they cancelled the boys basketball season now.

I do feel sorry for the kids that were victims or weren't involved taht were affected.

I don't buy the lack of Dad argument. Most of the worst kids I've encountered then and now have both parents
(who will fully support them and defend them no matter the facts). Same kids and parents are
at Church every Sunday too and everyone thinks their great.

Ummm...the JV and C squad have games that were cancelled, not the varsity.

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty disturbing. As a newer parent (boys are 1.5yr and 1.5 months old) things like this are very disturbing.

Baffling too. I guess I really don't understand how this "hazing" or "game" is fun for the older kids? Raping younger boys was NEVER in the conversation as a fun thing to do when I was growing up. Never crossed our minds. Never would have either. Probably the way we were raised, like most of you have stated. Theres just some things you just don't do.

If they ever reach a conclusion with this, even though the older boys might be minors, I hope the names of the rapists get leaked to the public. The shame that it would (or should bring) to the parents would be good punishment.

Referring to the accused boys as rapist as you have done is just a bit premature. Shaming of the parents..really?
I hope your boys are never accused of any wrong doing in the future.

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard Supt. on radio....basketball season not cancelled.......but did say they are moving kids up to varsity from C & B squads

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ummm...the JV and C squad have games that were cancelled, not the varsity.

- - - Updated - - -

Referring to the accused boys as rapist as you have done is just a bit premature. Shaming of the parents..really?
I hope your boys are never accused of any wrong doing in the future.

What would you call somebody that imposes themselves sexually on somebody else without consent? Usually they are called rapists.

As far as my own boys, yes they will make mistakes and will get into trouble. Raping people is IMO a whole different level. If my boys ever did anything like what has been described, especially as a minor, I would feel I have failed as a parent. If it was public knowledge, I would feel as if it were my fault and would probably be living under a rock for a long time. Like I said, there are some things you just don't do.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with Lungdeflator, there are just some things where an "I'm sorry" won't cut the mustard. I work really hard to let my kids know that making mistakes is a part of life, but being a bad person is not a mistake.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
imagine if it was boys doing it to girls

for some insane reason the fact it’s homo turns penetration into hazing in some minds

- - - Updated - - -

this type of barbaric behavior is common in many places

they’re called shitholes BTW

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok honest question...were they penetrated with an object or with another boy's "thing?" Is it rape if object or assault? Is the punishment by law different between the two? Asking honestly.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 182
  • This month: 159
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57