Yeti coolers cut ties with the NRA

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see who's on this list of "Other" organizations as well. I suspect that if these "Other" organizations even exist, they are all pro gun outdoors types, but at this point I don't believe they even exist. Otherwise, all yeti would have to do is publish the list of these organizations, be forthcoming about this so called outdated business practice, and PROVE the NRA wrong. It would squash the backlash and make the NRA look foolish. However, as I have seen nothing of the sort from yeti and the backlash continues, I can only surmise the statement was total damage control and virtually devoid of sincerity and the negative reaction yeti is recieving is WELL EARNED.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How do people on the right not react like this? We have be bombarded constantly about how our beliefs are bad, racist, dumb, ignorant and so on. Why should we on the right put up with all this nonsense. You talk shit, you get punched in the lip. Talked to a DU director and he said Yeti didn't discontinue their vendor program, so I assume Yeti is lying to cover their ass. I was told DU would not be ordering anymore Yeti products.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
May be the truth, but may be too little, too late.Hunters and gun owners are being attacked (verbally of course), frowned uponand ostracized from every direction. A company professing to be outdoorsy, butalready on the cusp of being elitist (pricing) would do well to avoid placingthemselves in a contradictory situation with their gear-heavy customers.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do people on the right not react like this? We have be bombarded constantly about how our beliefs are bad, racist, dumb, ignorant and so on. Why should we on the right put up with all this nonsense. You talk shit, you get punched in the lip. Talked to a DU director and he said Yeti didn't discontinue their vendor program, so I assume Yeti is lying to cover their ass. I was told DU would not be ordering anymore Yeti products.
I noticed there was no Yeti stuff at the Mandan DU banquet a few weeks ago, there always had been before.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member

yeti doll.jpg

Relax snowflake, its a cooler!

You were probably complaining last week about how overpriced they were and how you'd never buy one. Now this week you have trendy new excuse.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep posting fnz!! I can't thank you enough. It's the best thing you can do for Conservatives. Keep up the good work!! Thumbs Up

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're not publicly traded.

That was a shocker , I see they had recently applied and were accepted and then they changed their mind and didn't go public. . Once you go public with a corporation it's harder to shut it down so in theory supposing they saw a shit storm in the horizon and were deciding to back away rather than go all in. It's a mystery so far and I won't jump on the bandwagon either way yet....., Unless there is something that I haven't read about this yet . Knowing what I know so far about this event I only know one thing , That's If I had written that letter from NRA I would have at least thanked them for their previous years of support no matter what my opinion was, It's just the right thing to do. We have grown into a society where we think everybody owes us something .

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep posting fnz!! I can't thank you enough. It's the best thing you can do for Conservatives. Keep up the good work!! Thumbs Up

Probably the only chance you have to look good.

Odin

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Tuesday, Hammer emailed Breitbart News a response to the Yeti statement. The statement said:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.
Hammer concluded her statement by noting, “Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their New York City owners is a question only they can answer.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...demanded-nra-cease-using-cooler-company-logo/

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
kc_04.jpg

Relax snowflake, its a cooler!

You were probably complaining last week about how overpriced they were and how you'd never buy one. Now this week you have trendy new excuse.
Yeah your right it's just a cooler. Heck why put up a fight with guns, they are just guns right? We now see the academic community brainwashing our youth with anti gun rhetoric. The second amendment isn't important I should just let it all go I guess. It's the people who sit on their hands that I don't want to hear bitching if things change in the future.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Jigamen. LOL. Yep, me too! This old guy couldn’t afford one anyway! Far more important money priorities. I’ll stick with my 20 year old Colemans.

Assuming YETI gives some kind of discounts to quite a few organizations, like a lot of manufacturers do, that means they must raise the price for the little guy who might buy one. If you can believe their press releases, by cutting back giving discounts to various outdoor organizations, MAYBE their sky high absurd prices MIGHT come down. Yep, I’m a dreamer.... Over coffee in Arizona, we snowbirds laugh and joke about YETI all the time. None of us can understand how any mortal can afford them anyway. It’s like driving a Lamborghini pickup hunting instead of that old Ford 150.

Like some have dared to say - it’s just a cooler and probably just a business decision, little of any of which is a swipe at the NRA, guns or hunting.

IMHO seeing redneck types blowing up coolers on Facebook or U tube or national news services makes us all look like a bunch of irrrsponsible kids. (I dunno if that comment is my Liberal side OR my Conservative side talking here. Hah!)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Careful when taking on the roll of being a spokesperson for all conservatives, Not all of us share the sense of entitlement.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jigamen. LOL. Yep, me too! This old guy couldn’t afford one anyway! Far more important money priorities. I’ll stick with my 20 year old Colemans.

Assuming YETI gives some kind of discounts to quite a few organizations, like a lot of manufacturers do, that means they must raise the price for the little guy who might buy one. If you can believe their press releases, by cutting back giving discounts to various outdoor organizations, MAYBE their sky high absurd prices MIGHT come down. Yep, I’m a dreamer.... Over coffee in Arizona, we snowbirds laugh and joke about YETI all the time. None of us can understand how any mortal can afford them anyway. It’s like driving a Lamborghini pickup hunting instead of that old Ford 150.

Like some have dared to say - it’s just a cooler and probably just a business decision, little of any of which is a swipe at the NRA, guns or hunting.

IMHO seeing redneck types blowing up coolers on Facebook or U tube or national news services makes us all look like a bunch of irrrsponsible kids. (I dunno if that comment is my Liberal side OR my Conservative side talking here. Hah!)

what an awesome quote... it should be on your go fund me page...

hey bob - a little help for you with your question... the people who don't spend thousands wintering in a southern state just might have 300 bones for a cooler... i'm betting that the average camper in snowbirdville is even MORE expensive than a high end cooler... even heading home 1 month earlier would save you enough for a yeti...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a little off topic but t what is sickening is how scared people are to admit that they are conservative. For instance Shania Twain saying she would have voted for Trump and the. When she receives a little criticism back tracks her statement. These people would gain fans if they they stuck to their guns and said “Yeah, that’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it. You don’t like it tough shit.”

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to see all these companies and people caving to this liberal BS.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member

YETI has dropped their prices pretty significantly on a number of coolers in the last few months.

If you use and abuse a cooler enough days of the year, owning a Yeti or any other high end cooler isn't like owning a lamborghini. It's like a rancher owning a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup instead of a Yugo.

Use the cheap ones enough and you'll replace enough of them due to broken hinges, handles and ill fitting missing lids that you could have just paid for the Yeti in the first place.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
what an awesome quote... it should be on your go fund me page...

hey bob - a little help for you with your question... the people who don't spend thousands wintering in a southern state just might have 300 bones for a cooler... i'm betting that the average camper in snowbirdville is even MORE expensive than a high end cooler... even heading home 1 month earlier would save you enough for a yeti...

Ha Ha! Touché! I could counter that argument with that I’d bet the snowbirds that can afford to spend the winter fishing and UTV’ing in Arizona can do so,because they didn’t spend their money on unnecessary expensive stuff like $800 Yeties, and numerous other fancy toys we read about, instead invested it, and now can afford to retire! Most snowbirds I know are pretty darned frugal! Kidding you, but it’s more of a choice of priorities......blow it now or think about investing it and afford to blow a lot more later! Besides, I’d sooner stay in the sun and catch redears and stripers than come home to our small house a month earlier and have to retire my 20 year old Coleman! LOL

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53