staking down a ground blind

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering what works best for staking down a hub style ground blind? The factory stakes have failed miserably (lucky i didnt lose the blind) and holes provided are too small for plastic tent stakes. there are no trees around to tie it to. Didnt want to take it down every time I leave it out in the field.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those screw in dog tyeruperthingydingy's works the best for me when I want to keep a ground blind put. One off each side so the rope is at a 45 degree angle and then put some of those weed barrier pins around the bottom. Ground blind stays put.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use 18 inch pieces of 1/2 inch rebar in each corner and one out the sides for the hubs to tie to.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Harrow teeth work like a charm, don't use the nylon loops at the bottom of the blind, tie off from the hub like was previously mentioned. The cheap blinds will still get mangled in the wind, had a Big Mike, liked how tall it was but it didn't make the last wind storm.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Each hub tied to a fence post with good rope. Throw that crap that comes with it away. Tie it down near the bottom of the posts and you'll be golden.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14