Early Ice to Late Ice Switch

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the winter chugging along, I've noticed a bit of a slow down from both personal experience and hearing other people talk about success on the ice. Are we in that transition to a shallower bite and different bait selections? What do you guys change as we transition into late ice?

I'd like to change the contents of my garage and get the boat out of storage. I believe I dunked it in the river in late March last year.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are a ways away from a late ice change imo. I think (i dont know just a thought) that the late ice transition starts when the first real ice sweat occurs. This obviously changes based on how far north or south you are fishing and the weather .

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are a ways away from a late ice change imo. I think (i dont know just a thought) that the late ice transition starts when the first real ice sweat occurs. This obviously changes based on how far north or south you are fishing and the weather .

i agree. 6 weeks away yet

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is well known that I am an AWFUL fisherman. What do you guys do different for "late ice".

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pack light and move a lot. Deeper in the mid day and shallow up in the mornings and evenings.

Unless it is a bitch of a weather day, move around. Never sit in one spot more than 30-40 minutes without any action.

A dead stick or two, and jig one or two.

Stay away from the effing dad that was forced to bring the kids with and believes that letting them fuck around on the snow machine is an appropriate way to occupy their time.

Good luck

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from the effing dad that was forced to bring the kids with and believes that letting them fuck around on the snow machine is an appropriate way to occupy their time.

Good luck

You're still steaming on that one huh? I don't blame you. A hockey stick and empty buschies would make for an exciting game of aluminum can tag.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83