Air rifles

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you have and are you happy with its performance ?
Time to upgrade the daisy powerline.177 Looking at the Gamo Swarm in the .22 10 shot mag . Need some knock down power for the bunnies that are tearing up the trees and shrubs. Any experience with ?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a gammo, kind of a piece.
Now shoot and RWS Diana 48, darn good gun.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
buy some cci .22 cb longs and use them instead out of a bolt action. extremely quiet and low power (32 ft/lb) at the muzzle. 29 gr projectile at around 700fps.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot the “Bone Collector” one that they have down at Scheels. Shoot either .177 or .22 cal pellets, can remember, at 1200fps. That’s pretty damn impressive considering you average .22 LR is shooting the same. Was a very nice gun and shot very well with impressive range. I will own one.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried the Gammo and didn't like it. I bought a Beaman with Nitro piston. The 177 barrel shoots nice, but the 22 shoots crappy. I do have an old 20 cal Sheridan Blue Streak, but the pump up takes to long for a second shot.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Benjamin pcp air rifle. I have a maurder. You may want to look into a pcp air rifle. No pumping, fast reloads, and multiple calibers. I have the .22 cal.

Last edited:

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry it ment to say maurader..and pcp (pre-charged pneumatic) ..damn auto correct gets me every time!

Last edited:

Bluegill

I have the Benjamin trail 1500 .177. I used it as my trapping gun I have no problems dispatching coyotes with it. I usually just take one shot to the head I have tried lung shots and with certain pellets you will get complete pass throughs.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
RWS Diana for me. Just make sure you buy air gun rated optics. Hawke is a good choice there.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a cheapo, well not red ryder cheap, gamo from runnings, the fricken scope mount keeps slipping out of the slots.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
had a crossman 10 pump bb slingin chump for the backyard rabbit army ... wanted something more..
bought that $200ish gamo whisper to really pile up the long eared bastards but ...
It was supposed to be quiet... its louder than a 22
The thing destroyed 4 scopes within the first 30 days. Guys at scheels said those spendy air rifles have so much vibrations they eat scopes like nothing.
it sits in the safe unused, back to the crossman and its back in action slaying more bunnies than hef could have dreamed of.

Quiet, effective, cheap, works.
Ammo makes a big difference... the little red pointed tipped pellets seem to be the most effective.

god i hate those weed spreading bastards

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Real men get it done with a Red Ryder

With hard red spring wheat when you run out of BBs Cock and dry fire every other round or you get too much flower build up in the tube .if it plugs run a brazing rod down and push it out and dry fire a couple times . Spare on the oil . Like Horsagar would say would say , They feed like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

buy some cci .22 cb longs and use them instead out of a bolt action. extremely quiet and low power (32 ft/lb) at the muzzle. 29 gr projectile at around 700fps.

I miss the days at the hardware stores when the 22 choice was birdshot , short, Long or Long rifle or blazers Nothing was over 89 cents a box.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56