shrimp on the slow grill

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
16-20ct sized peeled shrimp, as many as you and your guests can eat.

Soak 2-3 chunks of smoking wood ~2x the size of a bic lighter. I like mesquite, many will work, whatever is your favorite.

melt 1 stick of butter and pour it into a tinfoil brownie pan, this should create a depth to cover 1/3-1/2 of the shrimp.

Season to taste. Any of the following work well: Lemon pepper. Famous Dave's steak and burger seasoning. Johnny's. Prudhomme's seafood seasoning. Etc, etc, etc.

Get the grill to 300-350 then add the smoking chips and put the pan of shrimp on the grill.

Tamp the air down a bit or turn down the burners and try to get to 225-250F. Cook for 15-20ish min.

We did this on a BGE a week or so ago and they were magnificient.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kind of thought that Daves seasoning would be good on seafood, kind of wonder the same about prime rib seasoning. No pictures?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They would have been good if you'd have used 1 1/2 sticks of butter instead of 1, but you didn't so...........they could only be mediocre at best. If you had any experience grilling on a green egg you might have known that. PFFFTTT.....amateur. I suppose I'll have to come over the next time you do this and taste test your work as you go. At least until I'm full or you get the hang of it, whichever comes first. :p

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you for not putting up pictures. I came home from work and coaching to find the bikes ready for a ride. Still no dinner.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They would have been good if you'd have used 1 1/2 sticks of butter instead of 1, but you didn't so...........they could only be mediocre at best. If you had any experience grilling on a green egg you might have known that. PFFFTTT.....amateur. I suppose I'll have to come over the next time you do this and taste test your work as you go. At least until I'm full or you get the hang of it, whichever comes first. :p

You, Momma, and kiddo can come for more of the same just as soon as you bring more fresh ones back from FL. I'll pay for the shrimp, but, I'm spoiled now. Bastard!!

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of thought that Daves seasoning would be good on seafood, kind of wonder the same about prime rib seasoning. No pictures?

Tough crowd!! (grin)

Last edited:

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahh yes, smoked shrimp is great!!

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just got home from fishing, and my cold pizza is not living up to those pictures. :p

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
You, Momma, and kiddo can come for more of the same just as soon as you bring more fresh ones back from FL. I'll pay for the shrimp, but, I'm spoiled now. Bastard!!

- - - Updated - - -

Tough crowd!! (grin)

Out of town for a week. Pictures help. Ha ha. See Frosty knows how. Was hoping to see some pics of your favorite rifle(s) on the other post.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62