(Poll) Fall: Hunting or Fishing?

What are you doing in the fall?

• Total voters

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you guys doing in the fall? I might sneak a quick hunt in here or there, but I'm mostly still fishing, chasing after a big girl walleye.

I added a poll for this.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont' plan to winterize the fishing boats until November. The Jet Ski and Pontoon can be put away at anytime as far as I'm concerned. We have a youth doe tag to knockout, and then start chasing roosters in October. If we have some weekends where it's going to be 70-80 degrees during pheasant season, I'll gladly skip chasing those running mother F'ks and go try to rip some eye's instead. This year with only a couple doe tags in the house, I'll have most of Nov and Dec to chase birds.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am hoping to get some good fishing in before it gets too cold. Then go shoot some deer and then let the water freeze fast so we can get on the ice ASAP.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I did more fall fishing because I love the lack of crowds and cool days, but Oct and Nov are really the only months I put the rods down to focus on hunting. I can see myself trending more toward fishing those months as I get older though. I used to hunt Sep-Dec.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
A few years ago I realized that boat ramps are never posted! Gave up the guns and never looked back. I still love opening pheasant and deer, but for a different reason. :)

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is the go to tactic in fall for eyes? I always tell myself Im gonna try in the fall but usually end up bowhunting or chasing birds

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
In my experience, they’ll be deep for a bit yet, then will move up shallower again.
Someone correct me if they have a different insight on this.

Prairie slough might be completely different. Almost all of my fall fishing is on Sak and the Tailrace.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my experience, they’ll be deep for a bit yet, then will move up shallower again.
Someone correct me if they have a different insight on this.

Prairie slough might be completely different. Almost all of my fall fishing is on Sak and the Tailrace.
I seem to find them in the deeper holes this time of year on the pothole lakes, but that's just me. I'm no pro by any means.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
bit of both, but it's time to get rid of some prairie dogs come Oct 1st!!
JSLUGER PRAIRIE DOG CONTROL

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85