School holidays on the chopping~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you kidding me!!!!

St. Paul school kisses Valentine's Day, other 'dominant holidays,' goodbye...

The letter listed the holidays that the East Side school will no longer celebrate as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day. Masini said the decision was made in consultation with his staff.

"One of the concerns that I have," Masini wrote, " … is whether or not this practice is encroaching on the educational opportunities of others and threatening the culture of tolerance and respect for all."

What the hell is going on? We let these folks into our country and they pull this sheet! Oh and it gets better,this school is teaching English as a 2nd language!,S@%T,F/*#k,P$^*s side ways!! ;:;banghead there goes my blood pressure again,off the chart.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing surprises me from that state.

My kids school has a Halloween costume ban, they don't allow peanuts, or any peanut related items either.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Come on guys. One homogenous mixture. The only way to be a truly progressive culture.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some kids have peanut allergies. Just send bacon instead of peanuts

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;hijackedWhy do kids have more allergies now then 20yrs ago, growing up I never heard of one kid in school who had peanut allergies.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to school where they had deer opener off of school. Not as a "holiday" but they just knew that almost the entire school would have their parents sign them out as "sick" and we'd all go hunting anyways.

That is quite a contrast to not having Christmas off... Weird world we are living in today people.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to school where they had deer opener off of school. Not as a "holiday" but they just knew that almost the entire school would have their parents sign them out as "sick" and we'd all go hunting anyways.

That is quite a contrast to not having Christmas off... Weird world we are living in today people.

Same here but our principal was a advent hunter and he made it possible that we stayed till our 3Rd class the day would still be considered a full day. Our high school still does that for the youth hunters

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the reason behind the full day still was because wrestling team would leave to travel to Kenmare for a Friday duel followed by a tournament on Saturday.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kids still get to where Halloween costumes to school and have a Christmas programs. How long till the ND liberals try and take this away from rural ND?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would be nice if the schools would actually start teaching kids again also. Put that down on your wish list!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The political correctness snowball express has been sliding down this slippery slope for a good number of years now. If the wrong party gets elected this fall, it will be darn near impossible to recover from.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gone are the days when I would have my shotgun in my car when I went to school so I could duck hunt with friends after school. Or the time I brought in a rifle stock that I refinished for a project in woodworking class. I feel bad for my kids......

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was also wondering how long before this crap infiltrates the western states.I read that a Detroit suburb has a come to prayer call 5 times a day from a mosque and who knows how many other cities have the same thing going on,that would really piss a guy off.

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
And they wonder why Trump is dominating the political scene....

Its sad that progressives preach tolerance of others values and beliefs, only to turn around and shit on the established culture of this country.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kid celebrated Columbus Day, not "Indigenous Peoples Day". Some Christian Christmas music even slipped into the background of their "winter holiday party" at school. Boy got socked pretty good by another kid on the playground and they didn't call us.

They do a hell of a job educating him too. Homework every night and mom/dad are REQUIRED to help out with homework. I'm very pleased with my kids' public school

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this were to happen at my daughters school, I would be researching the laws, codes, and policies to find out if this person can even make such a statement, let alone act on it. I don't believe the principal (or his staff) has the authority to alter a school years schedule without the approval of the school board. I believe Christmas vacation, Thanksgiving vacation, and the other vacation/holidays are already accounted for in the school year. The school board should be able to find grounds to dismiss this person and I for one would be actively campaigning to have this guy removed from his position along with ALL of his staff.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wait till the carpet munchers and pole swingers need to have a day off to remember their legal day in history, like a second valentine's day

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 146
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51