SMOKE

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Less than 1/2 mile visibility and my eyes burning like hell. Canada is weaponizing wild fires. Chinese might have had something to do with it with those dam balloons. LB

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We’ve dealt with smoke from far away wildfires before but never like this to my memory anyway….pretty crazy

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday morning was wierd here. Woke up to a few sprinkles and the nice smell of fresh spring rain then it rained hard for a few minutes and quit. The hard rain must have brought the smoke down because right after it quit raining we had 1/8 mile visibility from the smoke. This morning when I woke up I could smell bacon and thought to myself, I married a good woman. I got up and started dressing and noticed my wife was still in bed sleeping. Damn smoke , now I crave bacon.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cold front definitely pulled the smoke down yesterday. There was a hint of it but once the storms came through our area it filled in quick. Sounds like Saturday it may get pushed over the top of us again.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye burn and blue air are a couple things I can do without. Hope these fires get tired and go to sleep here fairly soon.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was getting headaches and felt sick. I've never seen it so thick. I thought there must be a grass fire just north and west of us.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talking with one of the air quality guys from Dept of Environmental Quality yesterday and he said hes never seen air quality like we had yesterday, anywhere. It was literally off the charts...

https://fire.airnow.gov/

air3.JPG

At its highest level, the charts actually broke...
air4.JPG

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less than 1/2 mile visibility and my eyes burning like hell. Canada is weaponizing wild fires. Chinese might have had something to do with it with those dam balloons. LB
I was listening to kfyr radio yesterday and a Canadian called in and said they are not allowed to put the fires out. Looked on the internet, couldn't find anything to verify that.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was listening to kfyr radio yesterday and a Canadian called in and said they are not allowed to put the fires out. Looked on the internet, couldn't find anything to verify that.
probably goes against the fires rights to burn.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
Son flying into Williston today. Will smoke affect planes???

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Son flying into Williston today. Will smoke affect planes???
Depends on if the pilot is only VFR certified (Visual Flight Rules) or if the pilot is IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) certified. If it's a commercial flight, shouldn't be a problem.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was feeding cows when the smoke rolled in. I could see it really hazy and thick to the north and west of me and thought what the hell there must be a really bad fire west of here. When it rolled in the cows went nuts and I could really smell it. Then heard on the radio of the smoke advisory and that it was coming out of Canada. Can't imagine what its like for the people living even closer to those fires.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
you better hope it start to rain in British Columbia and Alberta, wait till the fires start in Washington, Idaho and Montana

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have a buddy at Fort McMurray who I asked this question to a few minutes ago, he told me there are literally thousands of fire fighters working up there at the moment.

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy at Fort McMurray who I asked this question to a few minutes ago, he told me there are literally thousands of fire fighters working up there at the moment.
This is what I heard on kfyr radio, Your Talk, this morning. Said property owners were not allowed to do back burns to protect their property. This would be helpful if you know what you are doing or a disaster if not. Radio host also said residents had friends and equipment lined up to help protect their property, but are not allowed. This is also probably a safety issue in case of evacuation.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I heard on kfyr radio, Your Talk, this morning. Said property owners were not allowed to do back burns to protect their property. This would be helpful if you know what you are doing or a disaster if not. Radio host also said residents had friends and equipment lined up to help protect their property, but are not allowed. This is also probably a safety issue in case of evacuation.

That makes sense.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw where Canada put out a plea for firefighting help from the "world", specifically USA, NZ, Australia and Mexico.

Kinda seems to me they would like to put out the 130, or so... fires up in Canada.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bad Bad again. Eyes are really burning from yesterday and I need to get a lot of outside work done today. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 174
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83