Tailrace?

walleyewanker

Any suggestions or tips to help a guy catch some fish? 3 trips up there this last couple weeks have yielded 2 Ling. I am shore fishing and have tried the walls and both sides of the tailrace cranking and jigging at and after dark. Am I doing something wrong or is this a slow time of the year up there.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's lots of threads in "Fishing". I can't imagine how you couldn't become an expert 'Race shore fisherman in quick order. Good luck!!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure you'll get some good tips, though I have none to offer. I would be interested in how you got the ling though!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
The tailrace is one of those places you just have to put the time into. Took me ten years to be able to show up at any time of day or year and call my catches for the day. You're better off fishing it without influence, I've seen so much random shit work down there, just gotta do the trial n error. I wouldn't be surprised if someone posted they banged limits of ten pounds walleyes on senkos.

walleyewanker

The tailrace is one of those places you just have to put the time into. Took me ten years to be able to show up at any time of day or year and call my catches for the day. You're better off fishing it without influence, I've seen so much random shit work down there, just gotta do the trial n error. I wouldn't be surprised if someone posted they banged limits of ten pounds walleyes on senkos.
Appreciate it, seems like a tricky system. Have had great days and then shut down the next when conditions haven't changed. Plus the fact that the bite can change by the minute at night.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31