Check your bags boys

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel about as sorry for him as I did for Brittany Griner. Americans are incredibly complacent/arrogant when traveling to other countries.
huh?

what was he gonna do with the four rounds of ammunition? (where's the intent?)

we know what people are gonna do with weed (obvious intent)

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like many feel the need to help out as they already have $161,536 donated

They are forced to stay in a foreign country while this works itself out. The additional legal expenses, the expense of staying in Turks and Caicos, and the loss of one or both incomes while still having all there living expenses at home could drain ones financial account quite rapidly.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-bring-the-watson-family-home-detained-abroad

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
huh?

what was he gonna do with the four rounds of ammunition? (where's the intent?)

we know what people are gonna do with weed (obvious intent)
What don't you understand about following another countries laws? Intent doesn't matter. If you don't like it don't travel there. Thinking "oh I'm just an American and this isn't really a big deal because I had no intent" goes back to my original point of being arrogant.

1714061653355.png

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well luckily I have travel luggage and hunting luggage separate, but I have traveled for 20yrs (not as often lately). I also don't have desires or plans to travel out of country besides New Zealand for hunting and likely won't be traveling with a firearm and would just use what the guide service has.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happened to me two years ago, 300 win rounds in small pocket of my carry-on backpack. They took me into an office and was figured out in a few minutes. Luckily I was still in the US but had made it through the Local airport here. When I met up with my buddies in the terminal I explained what happened and showed them what pocket. Reached into it and fricken pulled out an orange havalon as well they hadn't found!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What don't you understand about following another countries laws? Intent doesn't matter. If you don't like it don't travel there. Thinking "oh I'm just an American and this isn't really a big deal because I had no intent" goes back to my original point of being arrogant.

1714061653355.png

What word would one use to describe someone who's 100% cock-sure certain of another person's motives/attitude - when they have no idea whatsoever of said other person's character?

Can't quite put my finger on it. 🥴

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happened to me two years ago, 300 win rounds in small pocket of my carry-on backpack. They took me into an office and was figured out in a few minutes. Luckily I was still in the US but had made it through the Local airport here. When I met up with my buddies in the terminal I explained what happened and showed them what pocket. Reached into it and fricken pulled out an orange havalon as well they hadn't found!
You arrogant SOB - you need to see jail time. :ROFLMAO:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to go up to Winnipeg mb to work and got secondaryed on Canadian side they found a 5 pack of federal 4buck they didn't think it was as funny as i did.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

1714061653355.png
That IS pretty clear.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years back when at airport leaving Cozumel, Mexico a few minutes prior to departure time I got pulled out of line at boarding just as my wife boarded due to my small carry-on backpack testing positive for explosives. I was asked how this could be possible and I replied that I had probably used the pack to carry shotgun shell ammunition (probably my leaky reloads ha ha) at some time in the past while hunting. After a long pause with the officials staring at me the whole while, I pointed at the Redhead logo and said " Quack Quack, Bang Bang.". They stared at me for awhile longer and one of the officials said "We speak English, senor." and then let me on the plane with the pack just in time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14