#11 Percussion Caps

Mr. Pike

Was wondering if anyone would know where a guy could find some percussion caps for a side lock muzzleloader. I checked all the gun shops in Bismarck Mandan. Am looking for some Winchester Magnum #11's. I have some regular CCI's but I remember having a lot of misfires with those. Haven't shot my rifle in over 10 years.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
No you can't. Pickup at another Scheels store only. I think the closest was Mankato or something.
Didn't some flashy miscreant trying to bone Mary Ingalls cause a balloon incident there?...He looked like a queer.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
i use the mag spark nipple on my Hawken,It allows you to use 209 primers to ignite.Plus side is you can use 777 loose powder and some of the other subsitutes and have positive ignition.Also the design encloses the primer so never have to worry about cap falling off.I know not an answer to your question,but an alternative.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Musket cap nipple and musket caps are just plain easier to handle than those doggone little #11's.

Mr. Pike

I've heard that the black powder substitutes (Pyrodex, Triple 7) are harder to ignite than regular black powder, thus the need for magnum primers. Will see. Have a friend picking some up from Scheels in Minnesota.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88