1/10 the price of power pro, same product, maybe better.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered some 300lb orange stuff, figured it should work good for all sorts of things, dont really need line that strong for fishing tho...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
People are very addicted to PP and become very vexed at the notion of switching.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered some 300lb orange stuff, figured it should work good for all sorts of things, dont really need line that strong for fishing tho...

Im struggling to find a clever response to this which includes vanilla and/or honey bees

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im struggling to find a clever response to this which includes vanilla and/or honey bees

hive-and-bees.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

You know, this is exactly right. I have some 80 lb light green mono. Got a heckuva deal on it somewhere, sometime. Can't recall. Have never used it for fishing, but it's great, supercheap line to have in the garage. Tying up plants, anchoring Christmas decorations, whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s great if you need to do some flossin. Where did I get Munson from?

I wasn't born yesterday Mr Munson..

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
all my duck and goose floaters have high lb test and paddlefish weights tied to them

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of honey bees, I might be in the market for a few hives next spring! Any bee keepers on here? Where is that old thread? FB?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just ordered me a bunch of the Hercules. PP is way over priced. IMO. If I can save a buck or two...yeah buddy!

Backwater Eddy

Been using for a while, never had an issue with knot strength. One thing Ive noticed is the color fades faster. Most all the time I am running the Floro leaders so it don't matter to me. A few times if the fading bothers me, I will just spin it off onto another reel so that the fade is on the bottom of the spool and away yah go. Ive got a lot of the 4 strand and the 8. Both are a great deal over the PP, in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

The names Munson... What I'm doing is flossin...

I'm not here to teach you everything, you need to know, about everything. I'm here to teach you about bowling...

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it so far, only issues is it holds water and freezes up in sub freezing temps, but so does power pro. Other issue is my braid to leader knots come loose or break on occasion. I use an Albright knot, should probly change to a different knot, double uni maybe. Been using a tiny barrel swivel to prevent twisted line anyway. I do believe it's smoother than pp, get a bit more distance on the casts, Les friction in the guides. Also zero stretch, very sensitive. I can feel a crawfish fart within a foot of my jig.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it so far, only issues is it holds water and freezes up in sub freezing temps, but so does power pro. Other issue is my braid to leader knots come loose or break on occasion. I use an Albright knot, should probly change to a different knot, double uni maybe. Been using a tiny barrel swivel to prevent twisted line anyway. I do believe it's smoother than pp, get a bit more distance on the casts, Les friction in the guides. Also zero stretch, very sensitive. I can feel a crawfish fart within a foot of my jig.

What pound test do you recommend for pitching jigs?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish heavy. Heavy jigs, heavy line, heavy rod/reel, etc. But I fish the river alot, and don't wanna diddle daddle with a ten pound fish on the line....or a big carp, Pike, drum, trout, etc... I usually run 12-15lb main line with a 10-12lb fluro or mono leader, and use 3/8-1/2 oz jigs, on a med or med/heavy rod. Alot of guys use lighter line, 4-6lb test.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80