User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 230

    Thread: No Trespass Law

    1. Back To Top    #1
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      118
      NDA Points
      10,824
      NDA Level
      44
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 49
      Given: 0
      Classifieds
      1

      No Trespass Law

      Why doesn't the frickin' Tribune just come out and say that they're in favor of fee hunting. Bastards!

      https://bismarcktribune.com/opinion/...82343c936.html

      2 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #2
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      south central nd
      Posts
      358
      NDA Points
      4,839
      NDA Level
      29
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 402
      Given: 1,348
      The good old Bismarck Lib

      0 Not allowed!

    3. Back To Top    #3
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      Capital City, ND
      Posts
      91
      NDA Points
      20,277
      NDA Level
      62
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 181
      Given: 105
      Classifieds
      1
      This editorial is based only on feeling - I see no statement of fact or reason to support the position, continuing the "feeling based" arguments for SB 2315. You never hear the "why" in all of these arguments for SB 2315...just the argument.

      I feel I shouldn't have to post, though the law says I do
      I feel sportsmen should have to ask, though the law doesn't require it for unposted land.
      I feel the law should change, because it'll keep bad people off my land
      I feel I do so much already, why do I have to spend time/$ on posting

      No one points out the facts. (I see the Trib has no space to comment on the story on their site and hasn't posted to their FB page to counter). So at the risk of sounding like Dwight Schrute...

      Fact - 59 Hunting Trespass Tickets in 2017 for 140,000 hunters in ND. (0.04%) - Hunters abide by the law, and landowners know to post.
      gf.nd.gov/news/2222
      Fact - ~400 B-Misd Criminal Trespass Reports in 2017, for 755,000 people in ND (0.05%) - All of society understands as well. https://attorneygeneral.nd.gov/sites...rimeReport.pdf
      Fact - ND has 2.1 Million Acres of Public Land and ~1 Million Acres of Unposted Land. Take the latter away as SB 2315 does and hunting access drops by 1/3.
      Fact - One of the top reasons people quit hunting is ACCESS. Remove the places to go, and people will stop going, or at least go less.
      (http://www.backcountrychronicles.com...-quit-hunting/)
      Fact - Hunters generate ~$11.2 Million per year in Pittman-Robertson Dollars. Even a 5% drop in hunters is significant funding for our G&F, Hunter's Ed and other programs. (https://www.fws.gov/home/wsfr/apportionments-fy14.html)
      Fact - Hunters buy >140,000 licenses each year, same impact as above, direct to the NDG&F Bottom Line (wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/licenseinfo/Natl%20Hunting%20License%20Report%202017.pdf)
      Fact - Hunter spending in ND - particularly small town ND - totals more than $200,000,000 each year. (http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstrea...ary%202013.pdf)

      Fact - Bears Eat Beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

      Less Access = Less Hunters = Less Dollars = Less Conservation Programs = Less Wildlife = Less Hunters...cue downward spiral.

      No one wants to talk about how bad this bill will hit hunters and our state's economy - poorly thought out without an eye to the consequences; punishing hunters by removing access as opposed to punishing criminals with tougher penalties.

      A Bad Bill all around. It's up to us as sportsmen to set it straight - contact your legislators and share some facts as to why they should VOTE NO on SB 2315. https://www.legis.nd.gov/contact-my-legislators

      5 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #4
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      guywhofishes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Little Minneapolis, ND
      Posts
      9,580
      NDA Points
      229,143
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 13,250
      Given: 12,407
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by drayweb View Post
      Why doesn't the frickin' Tribune just come out and say that they're in favor of fee hunting. Bastards!

      https://bismarcktribune.com/opinion/...82343c936.html
      "We don’t think it will harm relations between landowners and hunters."

      - - - Updated - - -

      boy - I think they're wrong - I am expecting more BS to occur on our property - not less

      not that the writers of this care though I guess

      2 Not allowed!
      If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
      ~Doug Larson

    5. Back To Top    #5
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      3,956
      NDA Points
      26,842
      NDA Level
      71
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,994
      Given: 2,510
      The relationship will turn go absolute shit

      1 Not allowed!

    6. Back To Top    #6
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      guywhofishes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Little Minneapolis, ND
      Posts
      9,580
      NDA Points
      229,143
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 13,250
      Given: 12,407
      Classifieds
      1
      and landowners like me who didn't want the law to change will pay the price for the desires of a few

      DUMB

      3 Not allowed!
      If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
      ~Doug Larson

    7. Back To Top    #7
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Dickinson, ND
      Posts
      109
      NDA Points
      21,672
      NDA Level
      64
      Report Entries
      3
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 210
      Given: 726
      I just cannot believe they would think about changing it. They must be taking some serious heat from landowners to keep trying to put a vote to it. Their only valid argument is that its takes time and money to put up signs. You can get signs for a less than a dollar, and if you have so much land that it actually is expensive and time consuming then maybe it isn't a bad idea to leave some of it unposted.

      If it does pass someday the state of ND is going to seriously regret it because once it changes you are not going back. Do you guys think the only reason the state is getting so much heat from the Landowners and AG guys is because some of our neighboring states did it?

      It just seems like a keeping up with the Joneses thing to me.

      0 Not allowed!

    8. Back To Top    #8
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Allen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Lincoln, kinda...
      Posts
      2,375
      NDA Points
      29,756
      NDA Level
      75
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,688
      Given: 1,047
      Well, a person could always do an initiated measure to reverse it. Of course, that takes some resources.

      0 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

    9. Back To Top    #9
      Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      18
      NDA Points
      2,798
      NDA Level
      21
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 16
      Given: 0
      Typical modern lawmaking, only done with the few loudest in mind. As a landowner/hunter I believe this law will kill hunting as we see it. Not to mention the economic benefits it brings to the smaller communities. We all need to make our voices heard on this legislation. Hunters and landowners alike!

      1 Not allowed!

    10. Back To Top    #10
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      1,050
      NDA Points
      9,025
      NDA Level
      40
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 749
      Given: 0
      Classifieds
      1
      It would be different if the proponents answered the many concerns citizens have with the bill. They have tried to push this database as a solution but have not been able to prove this will be workable. It’s not going to be easy to contact these landowners especially when they are bombarded with phone calls and knocks at their door. How the hell are sportsmen going to be able to use social media to gain access. They don’t address the consequences because they know that will sink the prospects of the bill. Until they soothe the concerns of many sportsmen we will continue to be in opposition to the bill. This is a slippery slope to go down as what goes around comes around. The loss of access may lead to less advocation for farming related programs and subsidies and may drive to farming business imto less of a protected industry.

      1 Not allowed!

    11. Back To Top    #11
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      south central nd
      Posts
      358
      NDA Points
      4,839
      NDA Level
      29
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 402
      Given: 1,348
      Eberle needs to be gone, Lehr is one of the big proponents of the Sconi and Sota fishing debacle, they rape the lakes in the area, but want to kill hunting. Can't rap my mind around the sense of his motivation

      0 Not allowed!

    12. Back To Top    #12
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Obi-Wan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,010
      NDA Points
      144,414
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,566
      Given: 2,274
      If this passes They need to add in that all state owned lands including school land can never be posted and it doesn't matter if there is cattle present or not

      5 Not allowed!
      I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

    13. Back To Top    #13
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      327
      NDA Points
      3,055
      NDA Level
      23
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 269
      Given: 0
      Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
      If this passes They need to add in that all state owned lands including school land can never be posted and it doesn't matter if there is cattle present or not
      Thats hilarious. I agree with you , but I’m telling you to get over it cuz that ain’t gonna happen !

      0 Not allowed!

    14. Back To Top    #14
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Obi-Wan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,010
      NDA Points
      144,414
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,566
      Given: 2,274
      Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting View Post
      Thats hilarious. I agree with you , but I’m telling you to get over it cuz that ain’t gonna happen !
      if they want to make all private land posted then all public land should be public. I have had run in with an ass N of Center multiple time trying to hunt school land and he acts like he owns it because he rents it what's going to happen when all land is posted

      1 Not allowed!
      I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

    15. Back To Top    #15
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      Capital City, ND
      Posts
      91
      NDA Points
      20,277
      NDA Level
      62
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 181
      Given: 105
      Classifieds
      1
      The overnight rumor from the capitol has it that the Senate Ag Committee is in gridlock over this bill - they are hearing the overwhelming voice of sportsmen and that is making this process hard for them to side with the big money operations on the other side and the proponents of what they also are seeing as a bill with many flaws!

      KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM! WE MUST DEFEAT THIS BILL! EMAIL THE COMMITTEE TODAY! ENCOURAGE A "DO NOT PASS"

      Senate Ag Committee
      Larry Luick – Chair – [email protected]
      Jane Myrdal – Vice Chair - [email protected]
      Kathy Hogan - [email protected]
      Jerry Klein - [email protected]
      Oley Larson - [email protected]
      Arne Osland - [email protected]

      0 Not allowed!

    16. Back To Top    #16
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      458
      NDA Points
      12,836
      NDA Level
      49
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 489
      Given: 358
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by njsimonson View Post
      The overnight rumor from the capitol has it that the Senate Ag Committee is in gridlock over this bill - they are hearing the overwhelming voice of sportsmen and that is making this process hard for them to side with the big money operations on the other side and the proponents of what they also are seeing as a bill with many flaws!

      KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM! WE MUST DEFEAT THIS BILL! EMAIL THE COMMITTEE TODAY! ENCOURAGE A "DO NOT PASS"

      Senate Ag Committee
      Larry Luick – Chair – [email protected]
      Jane Myrdal – Vice Chair - [email protected]
      Kathy Hogan - [email protected]
      Jerry Klein - [email protected]
      Oley Larson - [email protected]
      Arne Osland - [email protected]
      Thank you for the update,, sending another email.

      0 Not allowed!

    17. Back To Top    #17
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      42
      NDA Points
      3,683
      NDA Level
      25
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 26
      Given: 1
      Quote Originally Posted by pointer View Post
      Eberle needs to be gone, Lehr is one of the big proponents of the Sconi and Sota fishing debacle, they rape the lakes in the area, but want to kill hunting. Can't rap my mind around the sense of his motivation
      I will agree that Erbele needs to be gone, but I hope you are not implying that the rest of the local area is behind him or the Sconi/Sota invasion because that is absolutely bullshit.

      0 Not allowed!

    18. Back To Top    #18
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      KDM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Valley City
      Posts
      3,686
      NDA Points
      344,099
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      58
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 10,456
      Given: 3,238
      Classifieds
      2
      Just sent this to the entire committee.

      Greetings, I just wanted to express to you my displeasure, outrage, and opposition to bill SB 2315. As a landowner, I do not need the State to determine for me how to manage my land. Bill SB 2315 will do just that very thing. The right to decide to post my land or to not post my land is ENTIRELY up to me, the owner. Proponents of this bill claim that this bill will protect landowner rights. I fail to see how taking the right to decide if my land will be posted away from me is protecting my right to decide what to do with my land. It is extremely hypocritical to claim to want to protect landowner rights when bill SB 2315 is designed to take away those very rights. I urge you to vote NO on bill SB 2315 and protect landowner rights instead of voting to take them away.



      Sincerely,


      (My Name), Landowner in North Dakota

      15 Not allowed!

    19. Back To Top    #19
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      118
      NDA Points
      10,824
      NDA Level
      44
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 49
      Given: 0
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
      if they want to make all private land posted then all public land should be public. I have had run in with an ass N of Center multiple time trying to hunt school land and he acts like he owns it because he rents it what's going to happen when all land is posted
      And have better access to the public lands.

      1 Not allowed!

    20. Back To Top    #20
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      Capital City, ND
      Posts
      91
      NDA Points
      20,277
      NDA Level
      62
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 181
      Given: 105
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
      Just sent this to the entire committee.

      Greetings, I just wanted to express to you my displeasure, outrage, and opposition to bill SB 2315. As a landowner, I do not need the State to determine for me how to manage my land. Bill SB 2315 will do just that very thing. The right to decide to post my land or to not post my land is ENTIRELY up to me, the owner. Proponents of this bill claim that this bill will protect landowner rights. I fail to see how taking the right to decide if my land will be posted away from me is protecting my right to decide what to do with my land. It is extremely hypocritical to claim to want to protect landowner rights when bill SB 2315 is designed to take away those very rights. I urge you to vote NO on bill SB 2315 and protect landowner rights instead of voting to take them away.

      And KDM wins the internet today! Great job!

      1 Not allowed!

    Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube