Burke County Wind Farm Denied

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.sayanythingblog.com/ent...ion-after-psc-turned-down-a-wind-farm-permit/

These republican lawmakers need a wake up call and need to get out of bed with these corporations. The PSC was right to reject this wind farm. We are not that desperate for wind power in ND. These so called leaders now want to take the power away from the PSC because they didn’t get their way ONE time? I have a feeling these same legislators voted for the no trespass law. These corrupt politicians need to be voted out of office.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
21442603-denied-red-stamp.jpg

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Not my Land But why do we have to supply power to everyone else at the expense of our scenic land and country?? Maybe i'm wrong but doesn't all our wind gen. go else where?? From what i have read it all goes to a grid to our Eastern neighbors.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Build them all down by Minneapolis , hell even Fargo, let the Liberals have these things in their back yard

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Many elected officials in North Dakota feel it’s their obligation to whore out our state and extract every penny from our landscape as possible. Future be damned! We need more tax revenue in North Dakota!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't have any dog in this fight but I am wondering where the hell Weasel and the landowner rights people are at on this one. I heard they (Burke Wind) had all the easements from the landowners who wanted towers and yearly easement payments. Now we have people who don't own property out there deciding what landowners can and can't do on there land. Seams ironic.

Fish On!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
last summer the windmill field south of langdon looked like every windmill got a complete new head and vanes. these weren't installed that long ago

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i remember back in the day when grandpa said "take down the windmills and let the cattle die - the neighbors don't like them"...

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every State has some laws requiring a certain percentage of power use be provided by renewables. North Dakota's is something like 10 or 15%. We have surpassed that threshold and while the PSC has not denied many permits they have been letting the wind energy developers know that denial of permits is coming. That is why you hear radio ads right now asking you to call the PSC letting them know you are in favor of wind. Social change is always about pressure.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every State has some laws requiring a certain percentage of power use be provided by renewables. North Dakota's is something like 10 or 15%. We have surpassed that threshold and while the PSC has not denied many permits they have been letting the wind energy developers know that denial of permits is coming. That is why you hear radio ads right now asking you to call the PSC letting them know you are in favor of wind. Social change is always about pressure.
Well by the look of both that comment section and this one they are not getting much traction!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yep, the Emmons/Burleigh county set of wind turbines (note, they actually are not windmills since they don't mill anything) faced stiff resistance and is now going elsewhere.

That guy

Honored Member
so where are all the protesters for this like the ones that showed up for the pipline? You would figure since they protest against something like a pipeline the would be protesting for the renewable fuel of wind not?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
last summer the windmill field south of langdon looked like every windmill got a complete new head and vanes. these weren't installed that long ago

That farm was built about 12 years ago and since then the technology has advanced. They replaced the generators and blades with bigger ones to increase the capacity.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55