McQuades Weekend

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a kids pool and busch light at the house. much closer and we can both make fun of eseamands for not being able to touch the bottom of the pool.

Oh ouch. this reminds me of the time eseamands and I were wading, and he stepped in a hole. water over his head, almost drowned. I walked to him, bent down and picked him right up.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh ouch. this reminds me of the time eseamands and I were wading, and he stepped in a hole. water over his head, almost drowned. I walked to him, bent down and picked him right up.

Reminds me of the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood--- where Little John thought he was drowning and simply had to stand up. We can laugh about it now--- but for a minute there your comment about me swimming could have almost been on the "That time I should have died" thread.

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck Sluggo. I have only watched the Tourney a coupe of times since I retired from softball. I'm going to Las Vegas for the weekend to get away from the crowds.:;:cheers

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use to love to play Mcquades the part that sucked was playing at 8 am first game, 2nd game 12 or 1 pm. usually hot so the beer was flowing by the time you play at 12 would have to find which guys was sober enough to play.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use to love to play Mcquades the part that sucked was playing at 8 am first game, 2nd game 12 or 1 pm. usually hot so the beer was flowing by the time you play at 12 would have to find which guys was sober enough to play.

One particular year, we were supposed to get some doozy thunderstorms before our second game. We took that at, lets hit the river and try to drink everything in sight because they'll call the games. *morgan freeman voice* but they did not call the games.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who's playing? What division?

I'm in the 35+ and the 50+......you might be able to tell that I ain't as young as I once was.

I asked a wise man (Lapper) if playing is wearing my body out or keeping me in shape. He replied "Yes". :)

Good luck!

Im in it as well. Rec 2. We have 2 youngsters on our team, 20 years old, and this is the tournament we do for them. The rest of us are 35+. Good luck, and have fun!

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
35+ great start time draw 950 and 12:10 and 1:20 Sunday if win 2nd. Beer will flow good in the heat.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Be careful out there gents...weather looks a little sketch Friday into Saturday...wouldn't be a typical McQuades tournament without some storms!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hangover + dehydration + high dew point = not feeling so great on Sunday

and Monday

and sorta Tuesday

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reminds me of the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood--- where Little John thought he was drowning and simply had to stand up. We can laugh about it now--- but for a minute there your comment about me swimming could have almost been on the "That time I should have died" thread.

Yes, it's funny now. That night, I didn't laugh until much later. If the current had been a little more swift, you'd have set off down the river. Your bro's BAC was just high enough to make him not seem to care, which DID make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness men, drink like fishes, but don't drive...

That bad crash on Expy a couple years ago could have been avoided. Some young ladies would still be here...

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Ill be there, we play in Mandan Rec 3. We took 5th about 5 years ago best we ever did.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
we played in the championship game in our class (sucky D probably) in the mid to late 90s

lost due to a bobbled pop fly gimmee out in the 9th - by the surest glove on the team

twas a very bitter pill to swallow

still have an empty feeling over that one - ha ha

Aucker33

Established Member
Like I said, $5 entry into a kiddy pool within walking distance of klem Kelly. I will be smoking a pork butt all day.

If a beer cart is furnished for said pool is the $5 entry fee negotiable? I'm going to need all my fives for moose burgers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82