FFS really

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people should just eat at home.

Burger King sued, accused of contaminating meatless burgers on grills used for meat.

I just showed this to the wife and she just told me they have certain doctors come thru the lunch line and ask, when was the last time any pork cooked on the grill, before they place their order. ;:;banghead

Last edited:

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some people should just eat at home.

Burger King sued, accused of contaminating meatless burgers on grills used for meat.

I just showed this to the wife and she just told me they have certain doctors come thru the lunch line and ask, when was the last time any pork cooked on the grill, before they place their order. ;:;banghead

I'm assuming the doctors are Muslim and it's again their religion to eat pork. As long as they don't sue and require that no pork cancer be cooked on that grill it wouldn't bother me. It's their choice. But to sue Burger King for cooking meat on their grills. WTH did they think was going to happen at a place who's name starts with Burger. The good news is that perhaps they will get rid of the Vegan Sandwiches an not have to worry about the problem.

Didn't I see an ad wheree it was stated something to the affect "Tastes the same as a regular burger." Hope a case like this is thrown out of court and costs are paid by the complainant.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am convinced there are people in the world who:

1. Don't know how to be happy
2. Don't want to be happy.

They just don't know how to function outside of perpetual misery.

Were I in charge of BK's marketing, I'd drop the veggie burger and start a scathing satirical Ad campaign:

"Our burgers are now made from 110% beef."

Show the King character harvesting a garden and feeding it to cows while also sharpening a knife on a steel.

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am convinced there are people in the world who:

1. Don't know how to be happy
2. Don't want to be happy.

They just don't know how to function outside of perpetual misery.

Were I in charge of BK's marketing, I'd drop the veggie burger and start a scathing satirical Ad campaign:

Show the King character harvesting a garden and feeding it to cows while also sharpening a knife on a steel.

That seems pretty close to what Arby's marketing is doing.. Their ads kill me..lol

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soon you'll start hearing that these "vegan" burgers are actually worse for you than regular beef. Veganism is a desperate fad that just keeps hanging on to hopes of popularity.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cows and deer eat grass and corn, so if you are what you eat I am good to go on this vegan thing. I like beef and venison even if it is vegan.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a look at the fields where this vegan food BS comes from (nearly sterile bean fields) vs. a prairie (how many species of plants/animals/fungi?... hard to imagine) where real beef comes from.

I, for the life of me, can't figure out the "sustainability" aspect of the fake meat BS.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be about feeling intellectually superior somehow?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a look at the fields where this vegan food BS comes from (nearly sterile bean fields) vs. a prairie (how many species of plants/animals/fungi?... hard to imagine) where real beef comes from.

I, for the life of me, can't figure out the "sustainability" aspect of the fake meat BS.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be about feeling intellectually superior somehow?

You're not supposed to look @ Roundup Ready plants, they're the devil. Your plant based diet is supposed to be organic as well. They're conveniently leaving out the part where you have to figure out how to survive on thistles and cockleburs when they take over the organic crops...........

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Javier Bardem with his air-powered cattle-gun from "No Country for Old Men" would be another good spokesperson for the vegan-trolling campaign.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
This suit doesn't have anything to do with vegan. It's about getting money out of Burger King.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unlikely Burger King is going to get rid of plant-based meat for those that want it. Sales went up 7% at BK because of the Impossible Whopper. What's funny is that the calories and fat are almost the same in the plant-based meat and the real thing. Neither is going to be good for you on a regular basis. Apparently the protein 'heme' is responsible for the meat taste, and it is found in both plants and animals and Impossible Foods figured out a way to produce it in a sustainable way through fermentation. It's actually quite interesting stuff. I don't give two shits what anybody else wants to eat anyway, I'll just worry about me and my family. I like the saying "you do you". We buy a cow, pig, and chickens from farmers direct every year, and buy whole fruits and veggies as much as possible.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55