Is our food source in jeopardy?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think our food is in jeopardy. Farmers like to talk about "feeding the world" yet a majority of the row crops don't wind up in folks' stomachs.

Remember Victory Gardens? When Recession time comes (and it will, sooner probably than later the way the stock market is tanking and inflation is going bonkers) methinks many folks are going to turn inwards for their foodstuff. We're already discussing it here. I'm going to experiment with aquaponics and see if I can make a sustainable ecosystem with a few goldfish, a pump, and some grow lights.

That, and there will be a very concerted effort to fill the game freezer this year. I'd say even an "urgency."

We have enough friends and coworkers with backyard chickens that our egg needs are well met, even with the fowl flu.

I dunno -- call me indifferent, but I say let come what may. Maybe a little upheaval is just what the Dr. ordered to set things a bit straighter.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been noticing a number of articles covering the food plants also going up in flames. It just seems TOO COINCIDENTAL that these burn in the middle of the night, one by one. That's already four plants burned down each month of 2022.

Why couldn't this be formed as a source of terrorism?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Food shortage in the stores is caused by two things as of late, (1) the supply chain issue being disrupted (2) people now are marred with psychological fear, that all start with Covid BS, then factor the recent weather issue up here, everybody went hay nuts grabbing stuff of the shelves acting like its the end of the world and we gonna die, so grab all the milk, eggs, cheese, etc, just like the toilet paper BS we saw couple of years ago. Some people are letting the slightest fear run their lives, I can understand people that have large families and they need more groceries and what not, but man, just ridiculous how some people get so worked up. Yes, the world is over populated as it is and I read years ago at some point in the future, there will not be enough food unless we have population control as more and more farm land gets it ate up for civilization instead of agriculture reasons.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Yes, the world is over populated as it is and I read years ago at some point in the future, there will not be enough food unless we have population control as more and more farm land gets it ate up for civilization instead of agriculture reasons.

Nope. They have been saying this since the time of Malthus (late 1700s)...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. They have been saying this since the time of Malthus (late 1700s)...

not by numbers just a quick google search

How many acres per person on earth?

Subtracting this uninhabitable 57% (32,665,981 mi2) from the total land area leaves 24,642,757 square miles or 15.77 billion acres of habitable land. Divide this figure by the current human population of 7 billion (that's 7,000 million people) and you get 2.3 acres (about one hectare) per person.

The baseline diet — what Americans are eating today — required the most land at 1.08 hectares (2.67 acres, or more than two football fields) per person per year, followed by the reduced-fats-and-sweeteners diet at 1.03 hectares (2.55 acres) per person per year. Land requirements decreased steadily as the proportion of food derived from animals declined, with the three vegetarian diets requiring 0.13 to 0.14 hectares (0.32 to 0.35 acres) per person per year

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gotta agree with Mort on global population....people keep popping out children,3rd world countries are the worst,8,10 + children w/o a care in the world having monthly food drops,life is good.

Here in the states in my lifetime all the once praire land turned to ranch/farmland now new housing developments in middle America,then soon to be cities.Never ending cycle,people like gates and fauci intends to reduce the world population by 15% which was projected in 2020...pandemic.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta agree with Mort on global population....people keep popping out children,3rd world countries are the worst,8,10 + children w/o a care in the world having monthly food drops,life is good.

Here in the states in my lifetime all the once praire land turned to ranch/farmland now new housing developments in middle America,then soon to be cities.Never ending cycle,people like gates and fauci intends to reduce the world population by 15% which was projected in 2020...pandemic.

I think thats what fauci and china conspired to do was to reduce the population with biowelfare virus and they will probable continue to do so, and all the while, get filthy rich, and cause, create all this massive fear, panic among everyone. Fauci is up there in age himself, so what point does it make to him to be filthy rich, you can't take it with you.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think thats what fauci and china conspired to do was to reduce the population with biowelfare virus and they will probable continue to do so, and all the while, get filthy rich, and cause, create all this massive fear, panic among everyone. Fauci is up there in age himself, so what point does it make to him to be filthy rich, you can't take it with you.

With Fauci it is the power & control rush over people that turns his crank

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
not by numbers just a quick google search

How many acres per person on earth?

Subtracting this uninhabitable 57% (32,665,981 mi2) from the total land area leaves 24,642,757 square miles or 15.77 billion acres of habitable land. Divide this figure by the current human population of 7 billion (that's 7,000 million people) and you get 2.3 acres (about one hectare) per person.

The baseline diet — what Americans are eating today — required the most land at 1.08 hectares (2.67 acres, or more than two football fields) per person per year, followed by the reduced-fats-and-sweeteners diet at 1.03 hectares (2.55 acres) per person per year. Land requirements decreased steadily as the proportion of food derived from animals declined, with the three vegetarian diets requiring 0.13 to 0.14 hectares (0.32 to 0.35 acres) per person per year

Don't forget that the food and drug administrators the ones who are in charge of what are daily requirements from the food pyramid changed the daily intake of grains I believe that was in the 80s.

- - - Updated - - -

Do a quick Google search and it will tell you that ALL industrialized nations in the world on avg are having less children. Also Google infertility has continually been rising as well, that is why kluas schwab and WEF have been pushing for global expansion of people from third world countries as the populations of these industrialized countries continue to see a decline in birth rates. Now as yourself what would industrialized countries have in common with each other? Yep you guessed it vaccines

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The thing that I like about Jordan Peterson is that he uses data and scientific studies to back everything up. That and the fact that he's politically agnostic and truly in search of the truth - no matter how inconvenient that may be for his own personal preference. The video below is a very important watch - learn how you are playing into the alarmist angle the extreme far left is trying to push in order to get their agenda through. He has plenty of other stuff on population that's worth searching through. The "population collapse" is for click bait and we can blame the author for that. But what's important is that we are no doubt close to peaking out on population and there will be some issues caused by it (nothing our resilient species won't be able to handle).

Jordan Peterson - Population Collapse Is Coming - YouTube

Going back to my previous post on this thread and tying it into what others have since posted, our biggest threat will be destruction of crop land caused by modern agricultural practices. For food security, wildlife, and water quality. That is pretty obvious. We're almost to the point where the majority of Americans are overweight and based on a stat posted above, we require the most amount of land to feed one person. Look at the average cart in the grocery store and you will see the proof in both of those stats. The majority of the cart is corn and soy junk food.

Last edited:

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Do a quick Google search and it will tell you that ALL industrialized nations in the world on avg are having less children. Also Google infertility has continually been rising as well, that is why kluas schwab and WEF have been pushing for global expansion of people from third world countries as the populations of these industrialized countries continue to see a decline in birth rates. Now as yourself what would industrialized countries have in common with each other? Yep you guessed it vaccines

I would argue that birth control, abortion, and secular cultures that value economic success over everything play the biggest roles.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing that I like about Jordan Peterson is that he uses data and scientific studies to back everything up. That and the fact that he's politically agnostic and truly in search of the truth - no matter how inconvenient that may be for his own personal preference. The video below is a very important watch - learn how you are playing into the alarmist angle the extreme far left is trying to push in order to get their agenda through. He has plenty of other stuff on population that's worth searching through. The "population collapse" is for click bait and we can blame the author for that. But what's important is that we are no doubt close to peaking out on population and there will be some issues caused by it (nothing our resilient species won't be able to handle).

Jordan Peterson - Population Collapse Is Coming - YouTube

Going back to my previous post on this thread and tying it into what others have since posted, our biggest threat will be destruction of crop land caused by modern agricultural practices. For food security, wildlife, and water quality. That is pretty obvious. We're almost to the point where the majority of Americans are overweight and based on a stat posted above, we require the most amount of land to feed one person. Look at the average cart in the grocery store and you will see the proof in both of those stats. The majority of the cart is corn and soy junk food.

I am a JP fan as well. He really focuses using pure logic without agenda like you mentioned. I've listened to many hours of his stuff over the last few years.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had some time between pump checks and did some snooping around on this issue. Just a list of what's been torched or damaged in the past couple years that has to do with food production, food processing, and food distribution. It's quite a list and for the big ones like General Mills and Tyson, it's just one plant or facility, but still impacts the bigger picture. It wouldn't peak my interest if they were just warehouses or storage facilities as those can be replaced in a couple months. It's the processing plants that carry the weight IMO. Those are years to replace assuming you can find the supplies, equipment, and other pieces needed to get them back up and running.

Some of the food processing plants that went up in flames:

Azure Standard Foods
Bonanza Meat Co.
Cargill-Nutrena Feed Mill
Deli Star
East Conway Beef and Pork
General Mills
Idaho’s Gem State Processing Facility
JBS
Louis Dreyfus Company, largest soybean processing and biodiesel plant in the country
Maid-Rite Steak Co.
Maricopa Food Pantry
McCrum Potato Facility
Nestle
Nutrien Ag Solutions Fertilizer Plant
Raw Farm, largest raw milk producer in the country
Rio Fresh
Shearer’s Foods
Smithfield Foods
Taylor Farms
Tyson
Wisconsin River Meats

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don’t know the answer to this but am curious before I rush to judgement…

I’m assuming there are more food processing plants than, say, 20 years ago.
So is the number of them going up in flames a drastic increase relative to the number of plants now vs. then?

What I mean is was it 1 in 10 plants 20 years ago going up in flames and now it’s 10 out of 100?
Or is it 1 in 10 20 years ago and now it’s 20 out of 100, in which case that seems very strange.
Also, do they use riskier processes or machinery at these plants with less staff on site which increase chances of explosions or accidents and whatnot, or are safeguards even better now, in which case this is even more suspicious.

Again I have no idea on any of this but would want to know those things and probably more before I consider this to be some sort of corruption to go along with all the other corruption these days.

The end result is the same either way…disruption and more inflation.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the average number of these events is 4 for a 12 month period if my old azz memory serves. I read that in more than one article I perused. Take that for what it's worth cuz I'm not planning on digging any more into it. I did this in the wee hours of the morning, bleary eyed, tired, and sleep deprived.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think our food is in jeopardy. Farmers like to talk about "feeding the world" yet a majority of the row crops don't wind up in folks' stomachs.

Remember Victory Gardens? When Recession time comes (and it will, sooner probably than later the way the stock market is tanking and inflation is going bonkers) methinks many folks are going to turn inwards for their foodstuff. We're already discussing it here. I'm going to experiment with aquaponics and see if I can make a sustainable ecosystem with a few goldfish, a pump, and some grow lights.

That, and there will be a very concerted effort to fill the game freezer this year. I'd say even an "urgency."

We have enough friends and coworkers with backyard chickens that our egg needs are well met, even with the fowl flu.

I dunno -- call me indifferent, but I say let come what may. Maybe a little upheaval is just what the Dr. ordered to set things a bit straighter.
What do you think happens with all those ROW crops. Corn goes to mostly feeding livestock. The corn for ethanol has a by product called distillers grain that is a very good feed. I don’t know if you eat beef or chicken or any other meat, but they have to eat grains before they get to your plate. Soybeans also get fed or the oil gets extracted and the end product is used for cooking oil. Tofu is another one for the non meat eaters. All grains end up in your belly one way or another.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
The alarming number of plant fires wouldn't be so suspicious if a month ago Biden wouldn't have assured us that there is going to be food shortages.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82