What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="gonefshn" data-source="post: 224869" data-attributes="member: 380"><p>Spongy is the correct word here. I used to pull a fifth wheel and my boat with a 1/2 ton. And like you said it was white knuckle. Took a lesser used backroad once and the road was kind of worn where vehicle tires track. With the wind the trailer and boat wanted to wander around a bit. At one point my boat whipped almost sideways. And with the softness of the 1/2 vs a 3/4 ton, you couldn't keep things nice and straight like they should be. After that trip I went to a 3/4 ton and the difference was significantly noticeable. No more white knuckles and a much more pleasurable ride. The spongy 1/2 ton would sway back and forth. The 3/4 ton had none of that. I don't pull it anymore so, I did go back to a 1/2 ton. But I surely wouldn't pull a 5th wheel and a boat again with a 1/2 ton. At least not for any distance more than a few hours of driving.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="gonefshn, post: 224869, member: 380"] Spongy is the correct word here. I used to pull a fifth wheel and my boat with a 1/2 ton. And like you said it was white knuckle. Took a lesser used backroad once and the road was kind of worn where vehicle tires track. With the wind the trailer and boat wanted to wander around a bit. At one point my boat whipped almost sideways. And with the softness of the 1/2 vs a 3/4 ton, you couldn't keep things nice and straight like they should be. After that trip I went to a 3/4 ton and the difference was significantly noticeable. No more white knuckles and a much more pleasurable ride. The spongy 1/2 ton would sway back and forth. The 3/4 ton had none of that. I don't pull it anymore so, I did go back to a 1/2 ton. But I surely wouldn't pull a 5th wheel and a boat again with a 1/2 ton. At least not for any distance more than a few hours of driving. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Lotsa bots
Latest: guywhofishes
3 minutes ago
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: lunkerslayer
Today at 6:26 AM
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
Today at 12:55 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
5.6 ft box pulling a fifh wheel
Top
Bottom